We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju Spring 2018

3 posts
Save Topic
Jeju Spring 2018

Hi all, know its a little early hete. I'm going to jeju on 5 Apr 2018 and staying for 3 days. I have 2 enquiries.

1) I'm considering to stay at Aewol district. Is it worth staying there and any good attractions there?

2) Are there any nice places to recommend for Spring at Jeju?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Puchong, Malaysia
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

Hi Cheryl, I am going Jeju for the first time too but in March 2018. I noticed that there will be a cherry blossom festival at Seogwipo around your travel date, maybe you should go.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

Hi, there's no official release of the Spring Festival itinerary yet, however, last year, the Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival was held at Jeonnong-ro and the entrance of Jeju National University on March 31 - April 9, 2017. Not sure if it will be the same location and dates but it'll most likely be. I will also be in Jeju in Spring but from April 1-4. I'll fly to Seoul on the 4th and stay there for 6 days.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

It depends on what you are planning to see. I booked 2 nights in Seogwipo @ hotel Virginia and 2 nights @ hotel Leo in jeju city.

You should climb Hallasan mountain for sure!

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

thanks for the reply. I've eventually booked my airbnb at Aewol. Any places that you all are planning to go? Cos i'm travelling with a toddlers so i guess no climbing of mountains for me! haha

8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

Hye Cheryl,

Plan your Jeju trip by looking at the map and aim to cover:

- one day East- North coast

- one day West - South coast

- one day Hallasan Mountain trekking / Sangumburi crater

- or, travel to Udo Island (I have no idea what's there)

Interesting places to visit Jeju in Spring, to me would be:

WEST

- Iho Teewo Beach

- Jeju Five Day Folk Market

- Hyupjae Beach

- Monsant Cafe in Aewol (Big Bang GD's cafe)

- Deoreok Branch School in Aewol (rainbow coloured school, nice for IG ops)

- Gwakji Gwamul Beach in Aewol

SOUTH

- Hallim Park or Norimae Park... where they hold Cherry Tree Blossoms festival. So better check out the dates on their Jeju Tourism Org website or read blogs

- O’Sulloc Tea Garden / Innisfree Jeju House (they are just next door)

- Camellia Hill (breathtakingly beautiful hydrangeas and IG ops)

- Jusangjeo Cliff

- Yong Meori Coast (a must visit Jeju's own Grand Canyon!)

- one of the 3 waterfalls (Cheonjeyeon / Jeong Bang / Cheonjiyeon... but I find other places in Asia offer more serene waterfalls, so you can skip these)

- Jungmun Tourist Complex... has so many attractions and museums

CENTRAL

- Hallasan National Park (UNESCO)

- Jeolmul Forest

- anywhere along the highways heading towards the Halla mountain, you can see rapeseed canola flowers, beautiful like an ocean

EAST

- Seoungeup Folk Village OR Jeju Folk Village Museum

- Seongsan Ilchulbong and Women Diver Show (UNESCO)

- Seopjikoji

- Eco Land (nice train ride with your toddler, there is also a lavender and herbs garden)

- Ilchul Land (which covers folk village, lava cave walk, bonsai garden... so it's pretty much a quick way of summarizing Jeju if you don't have much time)

NORTH

- Woljeongri Beach & Café Street

- Manjangul Lava Cave (UNESCO)

SHOPPING SPREE...

- Dongmun Market

- Jungang Underground Mall

MODES OF TRAVELLING IN JEJU:

1) Tourist Shuttle Bus covering West and East areas, they run in circular route, or

2) Jeju Golden City Circle (yellow bus) where you can hop-on hop-off for the whole day, but only covers Jeju City areas, or

3) Book a taxi day tour with KJ Taxi Tour and personalise your trip (costs KRW 150,000), so worth it and more convenient since you're travelling with a toddler.

4) Book a bus or van day tour with Trazy.com or YEHA Bus Tour from their websites. Check out the cost, schedules and benefits. It's completely hassle-free! But you need to find out which nearest hotel is available for pick-up.

Best of luck planning!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeju Spring 2018

I am doing an adventure exploring at Jeju from 31Mar - 8 Apr. Need a place to stay that provide comfortable accommodation but not so high cost.

A homestay maybe, getting to know the people, exploring Hallasan Mountain, getting the adventure feel of Jeju.

Any recommendation?

Thanks

Julian

Reply to: Jeju Spring 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeju