We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busan 1 day trip

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
11 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Busan 1 day trip

Hi there,

I only have 5 days trip in South Korea, and wonder whether i can go to Busan on one day trip.

i will take early train by KTX, getting around by busan city tour and back to Seoul at night by KTX?

is it possible?

tks,

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busan 1 day trip

Train journey from Seoul to Busan is just under 3 hours each way.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
11 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busan 1 day trip

soo, it quite impossible? ok, I will revise my itinerary.

considering my short time in Busan, should I buy KR Pass? or just normal ticket?

i read on web that KTX fare from and to Busan from Seoul is KRW 45.000 / per way.

Which still higher if i buy 3days pass for KR Pass for 72.100.

do T-Money able to use for Subway in Busan?

thank you again :)

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busan 1 day trip

You can check the Korail website for prices etc: http://info.korail.com/2007/eng/eng_index.jsp

es, you can use T Money on the subway in Busan.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
297 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busan 1 day trip

In my opinion, i think that a day trip to Busan won't let you see or do much, unless you just want to hang around Nampodong or around Busan Station. Most of the sights are not located in the city centre.

Yonggungsa takes about 30 mins by bus from Haeundae, which is 1 hr by subway from Busan Station.

Taejongdae takes around 40mins by bus from Nampodong. And you can easily spend half a day there.

So you might want to consider if u want to visit Busan for just a day trip. Otherwise you might end up spending more time in the ktx than enjoying Busan.

As for the tickets, the owner of the motel we stayed in helped us with the tickets and if i remember correctly it was only about 35k one way to Seoul. We were pretty amazed too as we thought that 45k was the standard price but really grateful to him for helping us book online for the tickets.

As for subway, if you are taking the subway extensively for the day I do recommend you to get the Humetro Ticket for 4000 won per day. A single trip on the subway already costs around 1200 won.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
11 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busan 1 day trip

Hi Jaye,

thanks for your reply.

Well, it's almost impossible? even if im going to take city tour?

i thought KTX is the fastest way to reach Busan from Seoul.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
297 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busan 1 day trip

It is possible, just that you might not be able to cover or see much. You need 3 hour 1 way from Seoul to Busan. So half your day is already gone spending time in the train.

7. Re: Busan 1 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 10:47