We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-book weekend KTX from Seoul Station to Busan ahead?

canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
pre-book weekend KTX from Seoul Station to Busan ahead?

I will be arriving at the end of March on a Saturday to Seoul Inchon Airport early at 7a.m. Plan to take AREX to Seoul station and then KTX to Busan. Since we do not know how long it takes to go through immigration as tourist from Thailand, we do not plan to buy any train tickets ahead of time.

Help needed here:

1. Pre-book AREX and/or KTX needed?

2. Can I still use the same tickets if I miss the time stated in the tickets for a later train in case there is delay at the airport with customs and/or flight delays? It seems that the times are specified on their websites.

3. Is weekend volume of passengers a factor in terms of being more crowded? This affect whether I should pre-book the trains, especially KTX.

Thank you .

2 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,821 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-book weekend KTX from Seoul Station to Busan ahead?

Unless you are a large party, I would simply buy on the spot. You might have to wait 30 mins for a KTX with seats together but I wouldn't expect any problems.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-book weekend KTX from Seoul Station to Busan ahead?

Ehelman is correct. If you are coming back to Seoul on a Sunday evening, though, do buy those tickets in advance.

If you pre-book a ticket, but miss the train, you can get a refund minus 10% of the ticket, so the fee is around 5,0000W or so AFTER departure within an hour.

Reply to: pre-book weekend KTX from Seoul Station to Busan ahead?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted