We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

1 post
Save Topic
Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

We will be staying on Praslin Island for 5 days September 2018. We plan to spend one day visiting La Digue and another day excursion to Curieuse Island. We also plan to spend one day exploring Praslin (Anse Lazio in particular). For this reason we are looking for reasonably priced accommodation as we will be away for 2.5 of the 5 days. We are considering L'Archipel or Paradise Sun Hotel. The half board option is not much more expensive at Paradise Sun whereas it is at L'Archipel. Is it worth the half board option? We are open to other suggestions as well.

Also, we would like to hire a car for one or two days - is the best place to pick up the car hire the airport or will the hotel arrange this for us on the days we would like the car?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Curieuse Island
Curieuse Island
1,474 Reviews
Praslin Island, Seychelles
Anse Lazio
Anse Lazio
3,440 Reviews
Hotel L'Archipel
Hotel L'Archipel
647 Reviews
Paradise Sun
Paradise Sun
1,573 Reviews
Le Chateau de Feuilles
Le Chateau de Feuilles
#1 of 4 hotels in Baie Ste Anne
Constance Lemuria
Constance Lemuria
#1 of 2 hotels in Anse Kerlan
Raffles Seychelles
Raffles Seychelles
#1 of 1 hotels in Anse Takamaka
4 replies to this topic
west midlands
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

Sorry cannot help on accommodation but car hire for praslin has been discussed here within the forum with different suggestions.

Sweden
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

Both hotels are in beautiful locations. We stayed at the hotel next to Paradise Sun - Le Duc de Praslin. It is a cheaper option but absolutely of very high standard. The superior room was one of the nicest - if not the nicest - room I ever stayed in, the balcony was huge with very comfortable furniture to enjoy the tropical garden and the pool and dining areas are much nicer than in the pictures. To say it is "not on the beach" (which reviews state) is a stretch, it is separated by a narrow dirt road with minimal (if any?) traffic, I think it might have lead to a small parking lot with few or no cars. On the lovely beach they have sunbeds, and Café des Arts has seating including shaded couches with an incredible view of the turquoise waters and nearby little islands for drinks or lunch (the dinner was lackluster however considering the pricing). We waded over to Paradise Sun to have lunch there, that setting was also super nice and the place seemed great.

We spent a lunch and an afternoon at L'Archipel and I absolutely loved the setting. The views were breathtaking and it was very calm (bordering on dead, so depends on your preferences). However, it is a bit off and I don't think you would like to walk in the dark to have dinner so unless you rethink your car needs I think you would be best off choosing the half board option there.

If you stay at Paradise Sun (or Le Duc) I would choose not to go half board as you would be missing out on the dining experience. The walk to other restaurants is convenient and I think most of us get tired of the same restaurant for too many days...

As for car rental, we walked to the reception at the hotel and asked for a car for two days. The receptionist told us 50 EUR per day and asked us when we wanted it to arrive. We told her a time the next morning and she made a call. It was arranged within a minute and the car was delivered to us in the morning. We then just left the car in the parking lot and the key in the reception when we were done. Extremely comfortable! We did Anse Georgette by bus which was fine but a long and in part scary route, and I saw lots do it with Vallee de Mai which is considerably closer to Cote d'Or. I'd say a day or two is fine but then a car is probably handy, the bus is not very comfortable but fun to try.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Sun
Paradise Sun
1,573 Reviews
Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
1,101 Reviews
Cafe des Arts
Cafe des Arts
786 Reviews
Hotel L'Archipel
Hotel L'Archipel
647 Reviews
Anse Georgette
Anse Georgette
1,388 Reviews
Hotel Cote D'Or
Hotel Cote D'Or
584 Reviews
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

Thank you for your detailed response Marymaebue. We have decided on the Paradise Sun resort for our stay in Praslin and are very much looking forward to it!

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Sun
Paradise Sun
1,573 Reviews
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?

I'm currently staying at Le Duc de Praslin and its absolutely amazing. The half board option is a good option. The room is one of the best i've ever stayed in. The beach is right in front of the hotel and it has a couple of very nice restaurants, Chill out and Cafe De Arts, both same building in front of Cote de Or beach which is stunning.

Mentioned in this post
Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
1,101 Reviews
Reply to: Praslin Island - Where to Stay September 2018?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island
Recent Conversations