We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Hello,

I will be on my honeymoon in Seychelles from 27th December to 2nd January. From 27 to 29 I'll be in Praslin and 30 to 1 I'll be in Mahe. 2nd is checkout day.

So can someone please help me with below information:

1. When I land at Mahe at 830 am, the best way to go from Mahe to Praslin and vice versa?

2. My plan: On 27 I'll be Praslin, on 28 I'll be in La digue and on 29 again I'll be Praslin for full day. Any change needed in this plan?

3. The places to see in Praslin in these two days? And renting a car can make difference? (Any must visit place)

4. Best way to travel La digue from Praslin and vice versa?

5. Places to visit in Mahe in 3 days from 30th December to 1st January? (Any must visit place)

6. We also want to do some water activities, which is the best place to do that?

7. And best way to roam around in Mahe, to rent a car or two wheeler or any public transport?

8. What's the idle way to make payment in entire seychelles, card or cash? Do they accept all major credit or debit card? Or do I have to keep any specific kind of card with me?

9. Which company's sim card is good to have in Seychelles and from where do I get that?

10. The most important question- what's the visa procedure for Indians? On arrival or It can be get before arriving as well?

8 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

May I kindly suggest you have a look at previous posts by using the search function as many have been answered before and for others try google.

1. Air Seychelles flight or Cat Cocos catamaran.

3. Vallee de Mai and the top beaches.

4. Ferry takes 15 minutes.

6. You need to specify what water activities - swim or snorkel on all islands, few boat trips, water sports from some resorts.

8. Credit card, euros or local currency Seychelles rupees.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Thank you for your response.

Due to December time frame hotel tariff is bit high so I have selected Treasure cove in Mahe. Is it good to stay for honeymooners or do I have to rethink?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

hi would you able to finalise your itenary? pls share final plans

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Planning for a trip to dubai and seychelles in decemeber month.

Can anyone help me out which one should be visited first Dubai or Seychelles ??

Thanks in Advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

If you're going to spend that sort of money I'd go and spend a little more and go to H Resort Beau Vallon.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Need help in deciding how to plan trip in seychelles.

(Mahe, Parslin,La Digue )

Mahe-> Parslin -> La-Digue or La-Digue- >Parslin->Mahe

Also would appreciate if some one helps in knowing the stay in budget at these places.

And how can we travel between Islands.

Edited: 07 November 2017, 20:24
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Incase you are arriving into Mahé during the day time, then take transfer to Air Seychelles flight to Praslin. If you can spare a few days extra stay in La digue easily accessible via Inter island ferry & on the way back Take cat cocos Back to Mahe.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)

Hi.. I am planning a similar trip in February. Can you share your itinerary?

Reply to: Honeymoon in Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin, La digue)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island