We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
127 posts
44 reviews
Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry

Hello,

are there any buses departing from airport heading to Beau Vallon (e.g. through Victoria) on weekends?

We will arrive around 10 am on Sunday and would love to get to Beau Vallon by bus as I am not really a driver and dont want to pay for taxi.

We will have just midsize backpack and a handbag.

How often do the buses go on weekend?

Is there also way to get next day (Mon) in the morning to ferry (from Beau Vallon)?

What may be the expected time to get to Beau Vallon from airport and then from Beau Vallon to ferry?

Thank you so much!

3 replies to this topic
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
127 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry

OK, I see no answer.

I already also changed my mind and I wont really stay on Mahe, but I need to get from the airport to the ferry dock and on the way I would like to visit Botanical garden and downtown of Victoria (plane arrival is at 10 am and ferry to Praslin goes at 16:30 pm).

Is it possible to make the visits in this time range?

What bus to take from the airport? Is it possible to get off close to the Botanical garden?

Do buses go on Sunday?

Thank you!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry

Hi

http://www.sptc.sc/web-booklets-download/

Go look at this website. You will find all the bus routes/stops and times. There is a bus stop outside the botanical gardens so it is possible.

Sure somebody else will comment with more info.

Regards

DUS
Level Contributor
792 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry

Hi neliCZka,

Zelda was faster than me, my answer was almost on it's way. ;-)

Two common issues with your plan to take the Bus make it difficult to answer.

Firstly,

you are not the only one who initially wanted to save taxi money by just taking the Bus from Airport.

# Problem 1 has been covered often enough within the forum:

The bus drivers are not allowed to accept luggage bigger than small hand luggage or daypack size. You may or may not be able to convince the driver, your "midsize backpack" (whatever that means in terms of real measures) is small enough to fit on your lap while you're seated, and without being an issue for your neighbor.

In case you are able to talk the driver into contravening against his superiors order, you're lucky. If not, "told you so".

# Problem 2:

Public bus service is rarified during sundays. Route 1C, that usually operates the Stops at Airport Terminal ("Anse Fracois") or Pointe Larue (beginning of the runway on the other end from Terminal building) do no longer operate during SAT/SUN, but weekdays only.

Your options are:

a) best option: bite the bullet, take a taxi (fare 20€) from Airport to Botanical Garden (in case you refer indeed to the one behind the Hospital, and not to Jardin du Roi, which would be elsewhere). Leave your luggage at the entrance, visit the garden for 1 or 1,5 h, and than walk from there over to the Cat Cocos jetty, which would be only round 1500 m or a 20-25 min walk away from Botanical Garden. Victoria city center would be on your walking way to Cat Cocos ready to visit.

b) in case you still want to try it with the bus, walk from the Airport Terminal to your right hand side to Cascade Bus Stop, which would be some 500m away at East Coast Rd. Mind that you have to cross the road, as Seychelles have left side driving.

Cascade is serviced by a couple of buses even on a Sunday.

Interesting for you within a reasonable timeframe leaving Cascade between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30ish a.m. are # Routes 4 - 6 - 9 - 11A

sptc.sc/wp-content/uploads/SPTC_Route_2-2A-2…

--> scroll down and make sure you check the proper timetable ("Sunday only") and the proper direction ("Victoria Bus Terminal" has to be the END point)

# Route 5 and 5A:

sptc.sc/wp-content/uploads/SPTC_Route_5-5A-5…

And just in case

# Route 1E, that runs 12:35 from Cascade (the one at 10:30 is too early for you).

You don't need to go all the way until Victoria Bus Terminal, but you can hop off at the Hospital already (tell the driver upfront to stop). The Botanical Garden is next to the Hospital.

c) Option 3 is only a theoretical, but not a real option for you. There is a shuttle bus leaving the Airport at 15:00 a.m. to Cat Cocos Jetty. But it costs 10€ per person (luggage included), and for the two of you, neither it would save you any money over taxi, nor would it be an option if you want to visit Botanical Garden and town.

Just mention it, in case someone else is reading by and is searching for options.

Take the taxi to B.C. and don't let 20€ be an issue between you and a good and hassle free start into your holiday.

Good luck!

KK

Edited: 07 August 2018, 01:26
Reply to: Bus Airport - Beau Vallon - Ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island