We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip...

2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip...

Hi everyone,

Me and wife have been strolling in TA for quite sometimes...

We just married and planned to go Lombok + Bali for our honeymoon in this August.

This is what my plan/initery is:

Day1(23rd Aug) - Reach Lombok(check-in hotel)

Day2 (24th Aug) - Mataram( Pura Meru / Mayura Water Palace/ Pasar Cakranegara/ Pura Segara/ Lingsar Temple / Sengigi)

Day 3( 25th Aug) - Gili Trawangan, check-in hotel (mostly will go island hopping)

Day 4(26th Aug) - Gili Trawangan

Day 5(27th Aug) - To Bali(how should we go there from Gili T?) / Padang Bai/ Ubud(check-in Hotel)

Day 6(28th Aug) - Ubud - Tegallalang - Kintamani - Pura Ulun Danu Batur - Titra Empul - Gao Gajah - Ubud

Day 7(29th Aug) - Ubud - Taman Ayun Temple - Jatiluwih Rice Terrace - Pacung Rice Terrace - Pura Ulun Danu Bratan - Danau Buyan & Danau Tamblingan - Ubud

Day 8 (30th Aug) - Ubud - Kuta(check-in Hotel) - Denpasar - Sanur

Day 9 (31st Aug) - Kuta - Legian - Tanah Lot - Strolling around

Day 10(1st Sep) - Kuta - Uluwatu - Nusa Dua - Jimbaran - Kuta

Day 11(2nd Sep) - To Lombok( if arrive early, will go Selong Belanak and we don't know stay where better...)

Day 12(3rd Sep) - Flight home Malaysia...

I would like to ask some question as below:

1.) We are quite on the tight budget, so we would prefer ride motor. Mostly my concern is I switch alot of hotel, so would really nice to get an advice.

2.) Gili T to Bali - Fast boat cost too much money, I read about the Public Ferry and it would almost take 4hour to arrive Bali, can we take Public Ferry from Gili T?? I read some articles said that we need to go back to Bangsal to take Public Ferry.

3.) Do we really need tour guide that come with a car or we should just take BlueBird?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Trip...

To get the public ferry you have to get to Lembar Harbour, so ferry to Bangsal, then by road around 2 hours by taxi, the ferry is minimum 4 hours but usually more like 6 or more and often waiting a long time to get onto the dock.

Not sure why back to Lombok then to Malaysia, why don't you fly back from Bali?

August is peak season so you need to book ahead especially to get cheaper places.

Why don't you base yourself at one hotel on Lombok and do day trips from there. All the places on your itinerary are good for day trip and the ones on Lombok you can go by motorbike, or car. You can drive yourself but it is easy to get lost and things like Google maps are not great yet for Lombok

Flying from Lombok to Bali is cheaper than fast boat

2. Re: Honeymoon Trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2016, 09:48