Its my first time posting here on the TripAdvisor Forum, but I have been a regular in reading the many different forum topics, and have found them to be very helpful.
My family and I have basically booked flights and accommodation to Lombok for our long awaited family holiday, we will be staying at the Imaj Private Villas in Senggigi. This holiday I will be travelling with my Wife, 4 children (aged 6, 5 and 2) and one infant (aged only 6 weeks), and also travelling with my parents, father (who is disabled) and mother. We will be staying in Lombok for 5D4N from 16/06/2015 until 20/06/2015.
I will be hiring a car and will self drive during my stay in Lombok.
I was wondering if you guys could give some advise in regards to a number of things:
1. Itenarary for 5D4N - would like to see/visit waterfalls, traditional lombok villages/historical lombok sites, the best beaches in Lombok, good restaurants etc.
2. Health advise/warnings - I have read that Lombok is a malaria prone area, this sort of made me about to cancel my trip to lombok as I have a small infant coming in this trip and didnt want anything bad to happen to the little fella. What should I look out for, and what medication should I bring? How can I best protect everyone from any health risks, such as malaria and dengue fever?
3. Money Changer - Where is the best money changer that gives good rates and is reliable to go to in Lombok, especially near Senggigi.
4. Car Rental - I would like to hire a car for self drive in Lombok, but I would like to have the car delivered to us at the airport when we arrive at Lombok internation airport. Please provide contact details. I would like to pay only a deposit before I arrive in Lombok, and pay the full amount when the car is delivered at the airport.
5. Map of Lombok - Any good map that I should buy that will help me navigate Lombok. Note that I will be in Bali before I leave for Lombok, so maybe there are places in Bali where these Lombok maps are available.
Sorry for the big question, I am a worry wort, and I wanted to make sure this family holiday be a memorable one without any health issues.