We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangsai boat boarding - from a jetty or off the beach?

dorset
Level Contributor
564 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bangsai boat boarding - from a jetty or off the beach?

Hello. I am planning to go to Gili Meno next month and just thinking about transport options. I would like to ask - how do people usually board the boats at Bangsai? Is it from a jetty, or do you have to wade into the water and climb up steps?

I am just wondering about logistics of getting luggage on board etc (as I understand I must not let anyone grab my bags from me!)

Any advice appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangsai boat boarding - from a jetty or off the beach?

Any time I've gone on the local ferry it has been wade through ankle deep water and climb up the back of the boat,and not exactly steps either. If on my own I've been grateful for assistance from other passengers in helping with luggage as the crew offered no at all. Same situation at the other end

Edited: 10 April 2014, 16:59
2. Re: Bangsai boat boarding - from a jetty or off the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 10:47