We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wikitavel Rinjani editing

Manchester
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wikitavel Rinjani editing

It appears the Guides and trekking agencies section has been amended on this article.

I was going to use Rinjan Adventure with the contact email as rinjani.adventure@yahoo.com.

Is there any reason why this agency has been removed?

Many thanks

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wikitavel Rinjani editing

Wikitravel is an open forum.

Sometimes the Wikitravel Mount Rinjani article gets manipulated or vandalised by various individuals associated with Rinjani trekking operations.

The Wikitravel patrolling editors normally take care of that sort of thing pretty quickly.

I had a look and checked the listings, they all appear to be OK at present so whatever happened it appears to have been fixed now.

The correct details for Rinjani adventures are:

http://www.rinjaniadventure.com/

Rinjani Adventure is at Sinar Selatan Cottages on Jl. Raya Senaru - Sendang Gile, Lombok Utara 83354

Telp: +62 818 036 27365

Email : rinjani.adventure@yahoo.com

Only use those contact details as that operator has some of his business diverted by a somewhat notorious re-seller who has added an 's' onto the end of the URL address. That address of course takes a web-browser to an entirely different place, and maybe one that is best avoided. Just stick with the details provided above, or one of the other operators listed in the Mount Rinjani Wikitravel article.

Manchester
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wikitavel Rinjani editing

Excellent!

I had researched the site a while back and decided on which trekking operation I wanted to use after various emails etc.

I had seen all the emails with regard to dubious operators and was thinking perhaps this had something to do with contact details being altered on there.

Glad my researching wasn't to no avail and all is ok.

Many thanks for the explanation/reassurance.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wikitavel Rinjani editing

It is a pleasure to have assisted.

You did the right thing in asking about this.

There are some significant issues with name substitution and deceptive marketing in the region.

Stick with trusted sources and primary suppliers rather the any re-sellers or pre-bookers as some of them are disreputable and deceptive.

Of course some of them are perfectly OK to use, however it is too risky to experiment.

The one you are thinking of using should be OK, that operator is experienced and has a track record with an older established operator they worked for previous to opening Rinjani Adventure.

Makassar
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wikitavel Rinjani editing

Hi there, I'm an expatriate living in Indo. I have this site with some locals, is a non business stuff. Still under construction, great for Lombok.

https:/…

Thank and take care. Rolando.

5. Re: Wikitavel Rinjani editing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:11