We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali to Lombok

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bali to Lombok

We will be in Bali for Christmas (Legion) and would like to extend our stay and head to Gilli Isalnds. How do we do that. fly to..Lombok and then to Gilis? And, can we fly back and get our flight back to perth on the same day or hould we venture back to Bali the day before? i like the sound of Villa Ombak... Who is good to fly with?

Perth
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali to Lombok

If going to the Gilli Islands, probably the easiest way is to catch a fast boat gili-paradise.com/fast-boat-to-the-gilis.php . The fast boat is twice the price of flying though. I have flown from Lombok in the morning and flown the late afternoon Air Asia flight to Perth, however I wouldn't try this from the Gilli Islands as it's going to take you a good while to get to the airport in Mataram. To do it the same day you would want to be on a 7 or 8am flight, given they get canceled often, and you might be looking for another flight.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,573 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali to Lombok

You have 2 options; you can either get a flight to Lombok, then get yourself a boat to Gili Trawangan, or you can just get a fast boat from Bali to Gili Trawangan.

For flights, look at Merpati or Garuda, and it's only a very quick flight time and is quite cheap. But then you have to factor your time to check in at Bali, your time to get your luggage when in Lombok, then the time and cost of getting up to one of the harbours, then the cost of the boat.

The fast boats from Bali are a little bit more expensive, but you're really paying for the convenience of getting picked up from your hotel, put on the boat, then you're dropped off on Gili T without any hassle.

I would do the former if staying in Lombok, but otherwise I would just take the fast boat personally for ease.

Personally I would venture back to Bali the day before your flight back home.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali to Lombok

as per HNB. boat is easiest.

there are a number of companies leving from benoa and padangbai. goggle to get the latest prices at what suits you.

i

've caught the gilicat from padangbi a number of times and found them fine.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali to Lombok

From Bali to Gili island, i would recommend to take a boat from Bali.

You may check Wahana Gili Ocean. The rate is around USD50/person/way and they also pick you at hotel in Bali. It is less hassle compare to fly from Bali to Lombok than take boat from lombok mainland to Gili island. It may cost you more than US$50. Boat from Gili Lombok usually arrive in late afternoon in Bali, so if you have flight depart late in the afternoon or before 8pm, it would be better if you takes flight from Lombok to Bali in order be able to catch flight to Perth.

Hope it will be useful information.

have a good day

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali to Lombok

Hi,

Maybe you should have a read of this post from last year about the fast boats.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297733-i9237-k387…

and this one.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297733-i9237-k387…

Pamela.

Edited: 28 July 2011, 09:30
6. Re: Bali to Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 05:47