We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Cheap Express boat to lombok from bali- Suranadi Express

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
317 reviews
New Cheap Express boat to lombok from bali- Suranadi Express

I thought the following information may help people who are looking for a more affordable way to get to Lombok from Bali. Apart from the very cheap public ferry this new company offers an alternative to the rather expensive 'fast boats'. I have seen the boat and it is worth considering.

It is called Suranadi Express

It seats 217 people in 'executive seats' and 36 in 'VIP' It has AC, TV, Music and Cafe.

from 15th september these are the prices & departure times:

Lembar (lombok) to padangbai 9am

Padangbai to Lembar 11am

price: Executive 150,000rp (no air con and cheaper seating),

VIP 200,000rp.

They also arrange onward transport to places like senggigi, kuta lombok, gilis etc

They advertise the crossing time to be just over 1 hour.

there are a number of telephone numbers to make bookings and enquiries. There is a local agent in padangbai by the name of 'kiss' phone number 081805605519. he is located near the departure point.

the phone numbers from lombok are 0370 633697, 631398

fax 0370 635630.

from padangbai, 0363 41287, 41473

This is a lot cheaper than the fast boats which cost around 600,000.

Den Haag, The...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1. Re: New Cheap Express boat to lombok from bali- Suranadi Express

A month ago one of my old Lombok pals mailed me about this new public speedboat service.

It seems a very reasonable alternative for the ridiculously expensive tourist fast boats.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: New Cheap Express boat to lombok from bali- Suranadi Express

sounds good but dont forget if going to the gilis as that is where the fast boats go it will cost you to get car transport from lembar and then a boat across. depending on how you do this(public boat or private chart to gilis) it could work out to about 350 000 rups. and of course travelling time of approx 2 to 3 hours if all goes well. so the fast boat is still an easy way to get to the gilois in a hurry.

but if going and staying in lombok mainland it sounds like a great deal snooky.

3. Re: New Cheap Express boat to lombok from bali- Suranadi Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 09:47