We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberoi Lombok

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Oberoi Lombok

Does anyone know how the Oberoi Lombok faired in the Earthquake?

Hope the hotel, staff and guests are all ok

Thinking of everyone affected by this terrible event 😪

28 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Oberoi Lombok

I've been wondering the same thing, Kathryn.

Desperately trying to find any information on the hotel. Some information on Twitter suggests that it has been badly damaged / collapsed, but I can't find anything to confirm yet.

4 posts
2. Re: Oberoi Lombok

I have booked the Oberoi on Lombok for early September , really concerned and not getting any information from tour company . Just wondering if I should change my plans and stay in Bali instead.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected

Pauline

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
128 reviews
3. Re: Oberoi Lombok

We were meant to stay there a day after the earthquake, however agents suggested we did not travel given no response from the hotel with continued trying... stayed in Bali instead! Our agents Carrier have been amazing!!

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Oberoi Lombok

Hi

We have just made it out of the hotel tegu in same area it’s badly damaged the whole area is devasted I can’t tell you how badly I feel lucky to be alive sadly so many lost their lives many more than reported and wouldn’t even consider going to that area earthquakes are still happening another one last night - seriously I would change your plans 🙏

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Oberoi Lombok

Oh dear we are flying out on Saturday to Bali first then to the Oberoi Lombok I too have heard that the hotel has been devastated, so hope this isn’t true and everyone there is ok.

4 posts
6. Re: Oberoi Lombok

Oh gosh that's dreadful, hope everyone that was staying there is ok.

It will ring my tor operator this morning and tar range to stay in Bali

4 posts
7. Re: Oberoi Lombok

Iberoi Lombok look tlike they aren't offering any room reservations for next few months. Hotel Tugu has tweeted that their hotel is ok but all guests want to leave

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Oberoi Lombok

We are due to stay at the Lombok Lodge towards the end of August. They say they are fine and accepting guests again on 11th - really unsure and uneasy about going, especially as we are travelling with 2 young kids. It doesn’t sound as if the area is fine at all from this thread.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Oberoi Lombok

I have been trying to ring the Oberoi from early this morning , it is ringing but no one is picking up.

I have now sent an email to the Oberoi Group of hotels asking for clarification on the position at Oberoi Lombok

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Oberoi Lombok

My travel agent are trying to find out what the latest is. I will continue to update this thread as I hear more can everyone please do the same.

Keeping fingers crossed all is ok

Reply to: Oberoi Lombok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted