We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Situation Kuta Lombok

Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Situation Kuta Lombok

Hi!! I’am travelling to Kuta Lombok on 9 August. I read a lot of different things. I want to know how is the current situation of Kuta Lombok (the south). Does anyone know?

33 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

Kuta Lombok is fine. There’s some minor damage but no injuries and nothing fell down. There are aftershocks still that can be felt in Kuta and everyone is understandably jittery.

Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

Thank you for your comment!! I understand that everyone is shocked and very sad! It also feels very disrespectful to travel to lombok for a holiday because of all the victims. Are you in Kuta now? And what do you advise? Go to Lombok (Kuta and gili Nanggu) or Bali?

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

Please come to kuta Lombok, nobody will feel you are disrespectful, the opposite people will be so thankful

There have been no injuries and no damage in the South and everyone has already received so many cancellations that times are going to be difficult, so if your reason to cancel is worrying about being disrespectful, please don't!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

We are in Kuta at the moment. Still feeling aftershocks and the other earthquake last night.

Sunday night was very scary and everyone was certainly jittery yesterday but holiday feeling is starting to return today.

There are still lots of tourists around here, some understandably left, as they were scared but many stayed and others have arrived from different parts of Lombok as this area is the safest.

All bars and restaurants etc are open. Kuta is very much on business as usual vibe.

Very sad for all those families that have been badly affected and lost loved ones in the north 😔

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

@ #4

Hi Lou H

Happy you are safe. You were on Lombok when it happend? Me and GF were on Gilli Air.

Best wishes, Glen from Paisley.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

As Lombok Lover said, please go to Kuta Lombok. People need your support, holidaying will not be disrespectful in any way.

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
7. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

So do you think it's safe to go? I read about robberies and I'm also worried that if we go we'll have problems with leaving the island due to so many people trying to get away... We would arrive on the 15th and leave on the 20th of August.

It's very sad what happened:(

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

Hi everyone. I am writing in the Australian TripAdvisor because in the Spanish one there is very little informatio. we are a family with children between four and 11 years old now in Kuala Lumpur . Tomorrow we have five tickets to fly to Lombok tomorrow and staying in Kuta Lombok r until 11th of August. Is it safe for families to stay there in the south beaches?

girne
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

Hi we are also due to travel to Lombok on Sunday from Bali with our two kids but feeling very undecided at the moment. We have to fly out of Lombok on the 18th Aug.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Situation Kuta Lombok

If there is no news we will travel tomorrow afternoon. I will give you local feedback once I get WiFi.

Reply to: Situation Kuta Lombok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted