We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Topic
is it safe to travel to lombok now?

hye..i will be travelling to lombok this weekend..I wonder is it safe now ..considering the recent earthquake in lombok. Is senggigi and gili trawangan affected during the earthquake ..and what is the condition overthere for those areas now..is it safe?

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2018, 13:44

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

hye thanks letshavefun22

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Plenty of posts on this topic ..

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Sengiggi and Gilis are perfectly safe. The only area badly affected is around the northeast of Lombok.

Save Reply
5. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Hi,are u going to gili trawangan as well?we have planned to go there bh middle of august...do u think is safe to travek there?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Hi wajen.

We take it you are over there at the moment, we're heading that way on the 12th out of Sanur.

Would we be best heading up the coast this side (in Sanur) or getting over to Lombok and heading to senggigi.

Appreciate any feedback.

Ps

How's the weathers there ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it safe to travel to lombok now?

Hi JacnTon,

I've just come back...wish I was still there!

You may want to look into flying from Bali to Lombok, as the fastboats have not been running for a couple of weeks now. They may well start up again by the time you get there, but if you are short of time better to be sure your transport is certain.

To check flight prices, check tiket2.com or Garuda ( easy to purchase via their app).

When I was over there, the weather was lovely and sunny, however it was very windy so if you are out on the water it can be choppy. If you are planning on diving, the sites on the west side of Gili T had poor vis due to silt.

Reply to: is it safe to travel to lombok now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted