We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kueh Lapis

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kueh Lapis

Hi,

Can anyone advise me where i can get nice keuh lapis.

Thanks

Lee

singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kueh Lapis

hi sunflower 180399

if you are going to or returning from waterfront city there is an outlet at the ferry terminal marketting kueh lapiz.

if you are staying at the hotel in town any concierge will be able to arrange it for you.

i have seen kueh lapiz being sold in many food outlets in the major malls in batam - BCS, Diamong, Nagoya Hill or Batam Centre ( megamall)

rajamanu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kueh Lapis

Hi -

There are many Kuih Lapis maker in Batam- I believe you can even buy from the tour guide (who of course will get a handsome percentage of the price:-)

There are one nice outlet in Nagoya Hill Mall just beside the escalator from the hypermart (at food street). I found it great taste with reasonable price ($19-22) , and with nice cool packaging too!! I think the box is in purple colour with gold in-script-

Young

Jakarta and Around
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kueh Lapis

Try Holland Bakery, Indonesian chain bakery shop

They Famous for Prune Kueh Lapis, around 350k Rph

Address in Batam

Baloi Kusuma Indah Komplek Penuin Regency nomor 1-2 Batu Selicin, Lubuk Baja.

In front of Top 100 Plaza Peniun.

PDW

Bedok
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kueh Lapis

Bro-

My girl friend get me 1 of those, and they are fabulous. We'll get few more for our parents on our next trip. I believe the name is LAYERS, its in NAGOYA Hill Food Street I think- We call this number to preorder-

+62 778 7020427

or

+62 819237616

It's great because they even do deliveries!!

Alvin Lee

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kueh Lapis

Hi, may I know where is Nagoya Hill Food Street, is it near to Nagoya Shopping Mall and can we buy on the spot instead of preorder? Do you know the price in S$ and how much they charge for delivery service?

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kueh Lapis

Hi Iris,

Nagoya Hill Food Street is inside the Nagoya Hill SHopping Mall. I think you'll find a layer cakes vendor near the escalator to the Hypermart. I think the packaging is in Maroon with gold scripts.

I work in Batam, and usually get them deliver to me (min order of 3 pcs) at no extra charge when I'm bringing them back to Singapore for my mom. I usually buy one at around Rp 150k, I think- And yes, uf coz u can buy on the spot-

Cheers

Jack Lim

Edited: 28 December 2009, 12:30
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kueh Lapis

Jack, thanks for your info.

Can I buy the ferry ticket on the same day of sailing or do I need to book one day in advance. My sister-in-law told me that she had booked her ticket one day in advance through Internet during her previous trip. Is it necessary to buy a 2-way tickets at the time of booking?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kueh Lapis

Hi Iris,

Not necessary, but return Tix are always cheaper (a lot)- and yes, you can even buy there if you want- It's not necessarily required to book in advance, since there are hourly departures, but be careful on holiday seasons, you may have to book one day in advance to avoid the jam- I once forgot to book during the Muslim New year, and I have to depart the next day:-((

Enjoy !!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kueh Lapis

Hi Iris,

Not necessary, but return Tix are always cheaper (a lot)- and yes, you can even buy there if you want- It's not necessarily required to book in advance, since there are hourly departures, but be careful on holiday seasons, you may have to book one day in advance to avoid the jam- I once forgot to book during the Muslim New year, and I have to depart the next day:-((

Enjoy !!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kueh Lapis

Jack, thanks for your advise.

Get answers to your questions about Batam