We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Singapore
9 posts
Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Bandung on 1-4Dec 2014. We are travelling in a group of 6 adults and 5 children. I basically have everything planned out, I just need help in planning for a day trip out to Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation. My focus is more on entertaining the kiddos....

My questions :

1) Is Tangkuban perahu doable for old folks? Any uphill walk and how taxing is it? Is it worth going there or should I just skip this and head straight for the strawberry farms and tea plantations?

2) any recommendations for strawberry farms around Lembang? is Rumah Stroberi any good? I would prefer farms with other attractions besides just strawberries...

3) any recommendations for tea plantations? It will be great if we can get a tour of a tea factory.

4) is it possible to squeeze in a waterfall stop? If yes, which curug is along the way?

5)is Jendela Alam worth going? Is it along the way?

6) besides the usual kampung daun and sapulidi, any recommendations for a food stop that is clean, good and not a ripoff?

FYI, we will be travelling by 2cars with driver on that day.

Any input is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

1) Is Tangkuban perahu doable for old folks? Any uphill walk and how taxing is it? Is it worth going there or should I just skip this and head straight for the strawberry farms and tea plantations?

For Old Folks who prefer not to venture down the sloppy terrain, there are lots of shops and eateries where they can sit down and enjoy the sights and surrounding.

Since it's one of the must-see place, maybe you can spend like 30mins and then head to strawberry farm.

2) any recommendations for strawberry farms around Lembang? is Rumah Stroberi any good? I would prefer farms with other attractions besides just strawberries...

You can go to Kampung Gajah which is also has more activities for the kids.

Alternatively, smaller scale farms (tourist one of course) can be found at Floating Market Lembang.

3) any recommendations for tea plantations? It will be great if we can get a tour of a tea factory.

Hmm... not in Tangkuban Perahu area. You can visit one in Southern Bandung; walini tea plantation is also the site of the tea factory

4) is it possible to squeeze in a waterfall stop? If yes, which curug is along the way?

If you are bringing old folks, a visit to curug is not a good idea. Often to get to the curug, some trekking is needed.

5)is Jendela Alam worth going? Is it along the way?

Yes, it's in lembang area, but Kampung Gajah is more recommended.

6) besides the usual kampung daun and sapulidi, any recommendations for a food stop that is clean, good and not a ripoff?

Floating market lembang is the food court in Lembang area.

Dusun Bambu is another new attraction that you can go.

Singapore
9 posts
2. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Hi Cirque,

Thank you for your input. Will consider all that you have mentioned.

One more question,

Between staying in setiabudhi(mercure) and braga(ibis styles), which is a bbetter location to explore bandung city?

Thank you in advance :)

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

RahRahSingapore, hi

Mercure is the newest hotel in the city and seems more convenient for your purposes.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
4. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

1. yes. doable for old folk. parking is beside the crater.

2. do not expect strawberry in streetside farm. many people visit them everyday. so no more big strawberry maybe.

3. there is tea plantation near tangkuban perahu.

4. maribaya waterfall is at lembang. or curug cimahi, near dusun bambu.

5. depends.

6. sindang reret maybe ?

Singapore
9 posts
5. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Hi all,

Ok, after taking all tthe advice into consideration, and research on my part, this is what my 3rd day itinerary looks like :

Early start to tangkuban perahu

Strawberry picking at Natural Strawberry farm

Stop by tea plantation for photos (entrance to Gracia spa)

Lunch

Bandung treetop (kids insisted on this)

Curug Cimahi (if time permits)

I know there is 600steps down to curug cimahi, but I guess we could just view the curug from the top and not really venture down.

Still deciding where to go for lunch. Sindang Reret, kampung daun and sapu lidi seems quite a distance away (my reference was Google map). Is Mang Engking any good? I do not want to waste time by travelling too far.

I have booked Mercure at an unbelievable rate!

Any suggestion to improve my itinerary will be much appreciated.

Thank you again for all the valuable inputs :)

Edited: 08 September 2014, 04:38
Singapore
9 posts
6. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Just realised that I have been looking at the wrong sindang Reret...

Seems like sindang Reret is the best option for lunch :)

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

RahRahSingapore, good morning,

All mentioned in your post # 5 is the plan for ONE day?

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

<<I have booked Mercure at an unbelievable rate! >>

YES, they have soft opening promo rates right now... you are lucky!

Singapore
9 posts
9. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

Yup, one day. Ambitious? No? Hehe :p

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
10. Re: Tangkuban Perahu, strawberry farm and tea plantation

<<one day. Ambitious?>

YES, very..... by the way, what day of the week do you allocate for all that?

Get answers to your questions about Bandung
Recent Conversations