We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Airport transfer

Hi all,

We are 5 adults and 2 child (age 9 & 7). Can you guys advise if we should take the grab from airport to hotel or should we book from our hotel. The hotel we are staying quoted us Rp 350K for drop off/pick up service. Is it too much?

9 replies to this topic
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Airport transfer

Depends where your hotel is.

That’s about SGD16 each way, for all of you. Is that not acceptable?

Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Airport transfer

For me, Rp350K for a pick-up is expensive. Often when a slash is used, it means "or" and hotels would usually quote a single trip.

If you take 2 airport taxis it would cost around Rp120K. I also used my Grab apps from Singapore and it worked perfectly for me in Bandung.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
840 reviews
3. Re: Airport transfer

I wouldn't use the airport service for Rp 350k as it is extremely expensive. At the airport there is a Grab desk just inside the Domestic Terminal where you can book using your own Grab App and there is a Grab staff there to help you.

The last time I used Grab from the airport was last week to my home which is near the Burangrang area I paid Rp 70k, but your hotel is probably much closer than that and you might only pay Rp50k to get there by Grab car. Actually Go-Car is cheaper but probably better to just call Grab. The girl at the Grab counter will find you a six or seven seater vehicle.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
461 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Airport transfer

Rp 350K certainly is very expensive. Nowadays as I know you cannot booked CAR through your Grab application from the airport, so as Surfing Wild say go to Grab desk/booth and they will booked for you.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
840 reviews
5. Re: Airport transfer

Just for clarity, the lady at the Grab desk inside the domestic terminal used the Grab App on my phone to help me book a car. There has been a lot of friction between Grab and local taxi companies at the airport, train station and bus terminals. So at the airport this problem is somewhat solved because the normally very expensive airport taxis are allowed to be Grab cars. So I effectively took an airport taxi using the Grab rate.

Outside the airport building across the road is a dedicated Grab waiting area once you have confirmed acceptance of the price offered.

There is another choice. If you walk down the exit road from the airport about 200 m down to the main road, lots of Blue Bird taxis are parked round the corner on the left side since they are not permitted to wait near the airport. If you take a Blue Bird then your taxi fare will be even cheaper.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
461 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Airport transfer

Surfing Wild, On September 1, 2018 I have checked it from Soekarno Hatta IA that when we use own Grab application, it will directly go to GrabBike and the pickup point is in the motorcycle park, we cannot choose any GrabCar.

I think it is also done in Husein Airport nowadays, because when Grab offer 6 passengers car in Bandung, Grab is not yet offer it in Jakarta, in August 2018 Grab initial to offer it in Jakarta.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
840 reviews
7. Re: Airport transfer

Thanks for the information.

On August 28th 2018 I flew back home from Denpasar to Bandung, the girl at the Grab counter used my own mobile phone and Grab App to call a Grab Car. I crossed the road to the Grab stand waiting area until my car came and rode it home. That's a fact. I don't know anything about motorcycle parks???

The Grab Car was an airport taxi as you may know that they cooperate with Grab these days. Cost was Rp 70k to Burangrang/Lodaya which is expensive since a Blue Bird from home to the airport costs less than Rp 40k.

As for 6 person vehicles I haven't tried that. If both Grab and Go-jek don;t provide that service the choice is either to take 2 cars or negotiate the price with one of the many drivers that pounce on you once you exit the terminal building. The lowest I have been quoted was Rp 120k but you might get it for cheaper.

The important thing is that you have options.

Edited: 05 September 2018, 06:37
Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
66 reviews
8. Re: Airport transfer

Yes correct. I used the Grab counter at the airport as far back as on 23rd January 2018. The wait was about 15 minutes and an airport taxi came to pick us up and not a car. The ride cost Rp 45K (S$5.01) as recorded in my debit card statement.

Jakarta, Indonesia
9 posts
9. Re: Airport transfer

It's better for you if you take grab.because grab cannot play with the fare of your trip. Happy travelling!

Reply to: Airport transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bandung