We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

New York, New York...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

Hi,

I will be traveling to Bali/Lombok/Gili T with my gf in late july / early august. We are both 27 and seek the typical adventure, culture, and beach time trip. We have yet to book anything other than our main flights to DPS, and I realize this is the busy season.

I am currently thinking 2N in Legian and then 3 or 4 nights in Ubud, then off to Lombok to hike rinjani (2d/1n), 2N in kuta lombok, and then end with 3N in Gili T.

Is 3 nights enough for ubud or 4 better to add in excursion? Any thoughts on canyoning?

Too much traveling in my itinerary? I was thinking flights.

Thanks in advance.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

I love Ubud so I would go for 4 nights. It's a great place to base yourself for wonderful day trips. You seem to be spending quite a lot of time in beach areas, so I think the 4 nights in the beautiful countryside would be a perfect contrast.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

It's hard to say. Personally I find 2 nights in Ubud enough whereas some people like my aunty absolutely love it and spend weeks at a time there.She has been doing this for over 35 years ! I'm a bit of a sucker for the beach areas although I love going up to the mountains and places like Ubud too.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

I think 4 days would be nice.We were there for 2 days & you only really get 1 whole day, with arriving 1st day & leaving last day

Cheers Mac

WAust
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

I think 4 days would be good too, as the rest of your trip is beach (apart from your Rinjani Hike). We recently did 7 in Ubud. If you wish, you can do daytrips from there. Rafting, cycling, sight seeing and so on.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

I also think 4 days would be good in Ubud - plenty to see and do, and also to use as a base for day trips.

New York, New York...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

Ok great, sounds like 4 days is the general consensus here. Thanks.

Any recommendation as to where exactly with in Ubud to stay? And even specific accommodation suggestions for a young couple, probably in the $-$$ range, although if worthwhile I'd be willing to pay up...

Singapore
Level Contributor
159 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

You may want to consider climbing mount batur. Do a google search and you should find good information.

I

For accommodation, if you are in budget. You can consider staying at jangkrik or janti homestay. It's basic but you can have a feel of local family atmosphere.

Meppel, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

14 days

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

I also would go for the 4 nights. Ubud will be very busy when you go (bust season) - but it is a lovely town and there is so much to do. I recommend a Bike ride day as you get to see the real Bali - we went with Banyan Tree Bike Tours and it was a fantastic day, and there are many other bike companies which have good reviews on Trip Advisor (TA).

If you enjoy cooking - cooking class wtih Lobong, Paon or Warung Enak - check out TA.

Rafting down the Aytung River - a couple of campanies do these tours.

If you want to see some historical sights close to Ubud you could hire a driver for a 1/2 or full day and go to Goe Gaja (Elephant Cave) very close to Ubud, Guning Kawi (Poet Mountain) 18 KM N/E from Ubud, Pura Tirta Empul (Holy Bathing Temple) 20 KM -N/W, and the Tegallalang Rice Terraces 5 KM from Ubud.

Cafe's/Restaurants we loved are: Sari Organic (20 mins walk through beautiful scenery to get there, but it is really lovely) - the entrance to the path that will take you there is next to The Warwick Ibah Hotel on the main rd. Ibu Rai - Monkey Forest Rd, The Three Monkeys - Monkey Forest Rd. There are so many great cafes in Ubud. Casa Luna for good coffee and cake.

I hope you have booked your accommodation - there are a lot of choices - check out TA Ubud Forum for previous comments on accommodation.

Hope you have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days to stay in Ubud on 2 week trip?

Have a look at Devi's Place. I have done a review on it. Just out of Ubud 5min by bike.

We really liked Ubud, nice and central so getting any where is easy.