We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for family of 5

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for family of 5

I have looked at so many villas/guesthouses/hotels in Ubud on this site and others that my head is spinning!

I am looking for something with two bedrooms for under $250/night that is either central to Ubud or has good transport.

It doesn't need to be in a busy area but I do want some restaurants and shops in walking distance.

We have many things planned for the days so won't be at our accommodation for long periods of time but I want our three boys to experience some of the Balinese lifestlye.

On the other hand, I also would prefer and pool and a tv!

Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,674 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

Have a look at Alam Shanti - www.alamindahbali.com

There's a number of different apartment accommodation possibilities that would work for a family of 5, but only if your children are not young...otherwise have a look at the 'new house' or 'garden house' at Alam Shanti.

Sorry, no tv, but the pool is not far.

Edited: 27 March 2011, 08:21
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

The kids are pretty good and we won't be there a lot of the time as I have many things planned for the days.

I am pretty sure I looked at this one and it wasn't available.

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,674 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

Yes, it is very popular. Check the other two Ubud Alam properties to see if they have anything suitable and available...all come with good reviews.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

Hi there,

My family of 5 are staying at Bali T House in May for a week. Two bedroom, two bathroom. No TV, but good pool. Less than $75US. Not luxury, but from what I can tell very neat and tidy. I had a lot of trouble. Tegal Sari was full. All the Alam Shanti properties. Club Kokos had a vacancy, but we went with T House instead. Good luck.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

Hi,

We stayed in Nefatari Exclusive villas with our 2 kids in a 2 bedroom/2 bathrooms villa, named Sandat. Rooms are really large, so 3 kids in a room won't be any problem.

Of course tv, airco, private pool and a lot of extra's, pls read all the good reviews on TA.

Not in the centre of Ubud, but they have a free shuttle any time you like.

We paid around USD 183 for the four of us, not sure if an extra bed will cost an additional amount. Small cosy resort, nice small restaurant, very lovely staff!

Can't recommend this place high enough!

We did from there the bike trip with www.banyantreebiketours.com

Lovely day!

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Sylvia

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

Hi..I am now in your position and I am wondering if you have travelled since and how you went with the accommodation. Its hard to find availability for this many occupants and it seems those with family rooms are booked up very quickly. We are planning on staying in Ubud for a couple of nights then head to a beach area. Maybe Sanur or Nusa Dua or Legian? Well I hope you enjoy or have enjoyed your holiday.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

this post is 12 months old

i know a villa in seminyak 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms $190 a nite

air cond private pool driver house keeper

8. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2012, 10:35
9. Re: Accommodation for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:12