We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
23 reviews
Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

Hello

I want to buy some rattan purses and was wondering where its cheapest to buy? Im currently in ubud and have been quoted 20-25$ for them...

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

150K was the lowest I've seen. 130K is quite possible too if you're lucky (we saw them at a stand near our hotel, but limited selection). This is the round ones you see everywhere.

Tamworth, Australia
Level Contributor
602 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

I paid 100K at the Kuta Art Markets one of the stalls at the back.

On return to Aussie I saw them at Ishka for $119 unbelievable.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region
Level Contributor
12,588 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

Do you want rattan bags or do you possibly mean the ata grass bags? The ata bags are the slightly finer ones with slightly rounder shape to the strands and more lustrous.

australia
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
4. Re: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

I’m thinking they’re wanting ata grass bags as they are soooo popular! Some of the designs in the work are stunning. Some young girls in Seminyak were paying IDR150,000 last June; plainer “pattern” though.

5. Re: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 November 2018, 15:12
Edited: 15 November 2018, 15:12

Reply to: Ubud Market or Kuta souvenir shop for Rattan bags
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted