We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in bali: itinerary feedback please

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
60 posts
First time in bali: itinerary feedback please

Hello!

We are a mid 30s couple headed to Bali for the first time next weekend. Hoping to get some thoughts on our tentative itinerary. We are definitely planning a somewhat lazy vacation with lots of free time and not be on a tight schedule.

Day 1: arrive DPS at 3:30, transfer to ubud (villa Santun)

Day 2: Spa treatments, explore ubud market and saraswati temple, get lunch (where?), stop at supermarket bintang to pick up wine/beer, chill out till dinner

Day 3: Day trip by car (tegalalang rice terraces, pura tirta empul, alam bali agriculture, maybe mt batur and besaikhi temple). How long will this take and what would be a reasonable rate?

Day 4: Chill day, Early evening ridge walk, Dance performance at pura dalem bentuyung temple or arma museums then dinner.

Day 5: transfer to sanur, stop at goa gajah temple and tegenungam waterfall otw, explore sanur beach

Day 6: day trip to nusa lembongon and penida

Day 7: day at seminyak at a beach club, dinner at seminyak

Day 8: leave

Specifically, is our day trip itinerary too ambitious- should we drop Mt.batur and Baisakih temple). Anything interesting in vicinity of our current stops we could include? Would also love to get recommendations for local food- we are adventurous eaters!

Thanks so much!

13 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
11. Re: First time in bali: itinerary feedback please

Hi, always bottled water. If you’re able to take your own bottle and your accommodation has a complimentary water cooler, this is a great thing for Bali environment. And your own cloth bag for shopping. Ice is government controlled. The restaurants/ cafes we favour use bottled water for their salads and state this on the menu. The word Warung means different things to different people. We don’t eat at roadside Warungs.

I once went to a coffee plantation which showcased a few spices. The Civet situation deters me from ever going again. Although I’ve not been, Kintamani Coffee Plantation is advertising itself as a “natural” experience.

If weather permits I encourage the a.m. Ridge Walk.

As for snack suggestions, sometimes on a holiday it’s best to just enjoy the adventures finding things yourself instead of taking someone else’s taste list with you. Lots of great snacks to choose from and experiment. Surprise yourself. Have fun.

Edited: 09 November 2018, 07:30
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
24 reviews
18 helpful votes
12. Re: First time in bali: itinerary feedback please

I think cutting out Besakih is such a waste because it was one of the highlight of our trip. The temple is so nice and so much better than the other ones (and we saw quite a few) recommended. You can link it with Titra Gangal and Virgin beach and make it a full day.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
24 reviews
18 helpful votes
13. Re: First time in bali: itinerary feedback please

We did the dinner with the elephants. It's very nice. Check out my review under tripadvisor/reviewit and search for Bali Zoo.

Reply to: First time in bali: itinerary feedback please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted