We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Hi all

I know that this is all a matter of opinion, but I wanted to get advice from locals and avid travelers.

I am considering traveling to Bali from 13 - 26 November. But in light of all the earthquakes and volcano activity - is it really a safe choice?

I was going to do Ubud - Gili Islands - Nusa Lembongan - Nusa Dua. I am thinking of cutting out Gili and Nusa Lembongan and maybe sticking to Kuta / Canggu side instead?

16 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Hi Kelly,

I'm considering going to Bali 8-19th November .... oh no I'm not ... I am going.

"But in light of all the earthquakes and volcano activity - is it really a safe choice?"

What there's been some activity??? When? Oh no .. what's going to happen next week .. oh I forgot completely unpredictable.

Nothing to see here.

Nothing has really happened in Bali. Apart from September last year when Mt Agung didn't really erupt followed by a bit of huffing and puffing for a few months Mt Agung hasn't erupted since 1963.

So there were some earthquakes and the land shook a bit on Bali - welcome to Indonesia.

We all have different levels of paranoia.

I will be diving off the North East coast. If there is a Tsunami I will be toast (albeit damp toast).

Likelihood... close to nil.

Ploppy things happen.

Edited: 26 October 2018, 19:32
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
218 reviews
2. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

No one can tell.

At the moment yes but who knows how it will be next month.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

As @jojo - Earthquakes are an unpredictable event as are volcanic eruptions.

Courtesy Hotels.com - "The weather in Bali in November starts to get rainy again as we enter the wet season, with an average rainfall of 154mm that increases well into the year end. The average temperature in November is 27.8 degrees Celsius."

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Please Read at least a few posts & you will be able to answer your own question

Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Hahahahahahaha, feel better getting that out hey Mac G?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10,004 posts
121 reviews
6. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Kelly

If you can get someone to confirm that yes, you will indeed be safe from earthquakes and tsunamis in Bali in November, ask them for next week's winning lottery numbers at the same time.

Mac G is right.

This subject has been done to death on here.

If you're the sort of person who worries about 'what ifs', maybe you should reconsider your holiday destination.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Just spent a week in Ubud and currently in Gili Air.

We too were worried before coming but we’re glad we did. Ubud is just as it has always been. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for Gili Air, we took a walk around the island a couple of times and although there are a few damaged and closed buildings, I would say about 95% of the island is back to normal.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10,004 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

<<Hahahahahahaha, feel better getting that out hey Mac G?>>

Actually, Kelly, Mac's suggestion is a pretty good and useful one as this subject has been covered fully over the last few weeks.

Level Contributor
403 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Hi Kelly, not meaning to sound rude but this is a travel forum, not a soothsayers forum, nowhere in this world is guaranteed to be safe in November. Nobody on this forum is an expert on predicting future events.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?

Just a little better, Kelly

😎😎

Reply to: Safe To Travel To Bali In November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ubud