We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation help please!

Accomodation help please!

Hi we are a family of 5. Kids aged 19, 15 and 13. I was looking at booking the Hidden Villas Ubud, but worried they are a little out of the way and they haven’t replied to my emails or when trying to ask questions through their web site which worries me. Have just come across the Ubud Cottage Inn. Different kind of accommodation but appears to have decent reviews etc. would it be better for access to food etc. and also allow us girls easy access to shopping and spas if the boys want to go back and hang at the pool! Thanks for any help or thoughts!

15 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,115 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Accomodation help please!

If you mean www.ubudhiddenvilla.com then they do not have a Pool.

Do you mean www.ubudinn.com

What type of sleeping arrangements are you looking for.

Not sure if Ubud Inn has twin rooms.

Also your kids aren't really "kids". In Bali often anyone over 12 is classed as an adult as far as Hotel room occupancy is concerned.

Also in Hotels that have a third bed option in a "Double" then the third bed could be a pullout or made up day bed which may not be the most comfortable.

If looking for a villa Are you looking for 3 bedroom accommodation.

Popular place with various room level options is the www.tegalsari-ubud.com

They have rooms that sleep 3 but not sure if the doubles can be split.

No idea where you are from but the superior Twin rooms start at IDR330k ~ AU$33 a night.

2. Re: Accomodation help please!

Thank you. My question is more about the location than the type of accommodation. Are we better in the area around the monkey Forrest for easy access to food and spas etc. or is the area where hidden villas is the better way to go? Thanks heaps!

australia
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
3. Re: Accomodation help please!

Personally I wouldn't stay in the area of Ubud Hidden Villa. No pool wouldn't even make me consider such accommodation. Many will suggest a better location is near the Monkey Forest. For me I like to be central and I think Cafe Wayan when looking at a map is very central. So, Jalan Wenara Wana ("monkey forest road"), Jalan Hanoman have easy access to restaurants/cafes, shopping, money changers, the monkey forest (if interested), Ubud Palace, Ubud Markets, Art Galleries, Dance performances. Jalan Bisma is another location. All your requirements are better accessed from "central" but this is such a personal opinion. I wouldn't choose the Tegal Sari end of town but hundreds do.

My suggestion is to have a good look at a map. Have a look at an OTA, e.g. Booking.com as their website has a filter, room photos, hotel facilities, reviews, and a map of the accommodation's location. Research. Good luck.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 02:44
4. Re: Accomodation help please!

Thank you so much! That really helps. So many places to look at. It all gets a bit confusing 😊

australia
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
5. Re: Accomodation help please!

Hi, certainly does! But with a name like "Fearless" you'll have it organised in no time! You'll be spoilt for spa choices. Depending on the sexes of your children you would at least need two rooms and whether having the 13 y.o. in with Mum and Dad? And if it's Ubud Inn Cottage on Jl. monkey Forest, and can suit your requirements, it looks a good location. Cheers.

6. Re: Accomodation help please!

Not sure how fearless came about. Probably set up by one of the kids! With 2 daughters aged 19 and 15 I am sure the spas being handy will be a big plus! Ubud cottage inn will be handy enough for my son and partner to hang out at the pool while us girls shop and pamper ourselves! I am thinking we will go with that one! Thank you again for your advice.

australia
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
7. Re: Accomodation help please!

Enjoy! Be aware of the room choices on offer on Booking.com with regard to room rates if you should choose this OTA.

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Accomodation help please!

We stayed near Ubud Market and loving its location! It is also near Pura Taman Temple and Royal Palace. The name of the hostel is D' Ubud House. Accomodation here is cheap, this is okay if speaking about the price you pay and the location.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
116 reviews
9. Re: Accomodation help please!

I have stayed Tegal sari but I like to be closer to the town centre and they stopped including breakfast, next door is Greenfields, they might suit as were very popular if you want that area..

This time we are staying at Gayatri right in the town centre but has its own little rice paddy and lovely pool. They have family rooms.

However they have just put their prices up and I am very shocked at what they are now.

australia
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
10. Re: Accomodation help please!

Hi WSAH, yes, unfortunately we won't be staying at Gayatri this year. Our room started at $75 last December and June this year and then we were informed our room in the future would be $A85. Checking for this coming December we were disappointed to see the same room is now at $A103; knowing that the room facilities had not changed since its renovation a couple of years back. Such a shame as we loved the place.

Reply to: Accomodation help please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted