We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Jimbaran / Sudan

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Day trips from Jimbaran / Sudan

we are looking at booking a 2.5 week honeymoon in Bali next June/July. Splitting our time between Ubud, Lombok and 2/3 nights on Meno.

However with the earthquake our plans might need to change

We are looking to replace Lombok with a beach stop in Bali (and keep fingers crossed for Meno as i REALY want to go there)

We are looking at Jimbaran versus Sudan, but i cant find out what we can do here. There is only so much wandering around a pretty beach we could take!

Which would the best base for day trips, and what would your recommendations be?

(oh and if you know of any epic photo spots that would be a bonus!)

2 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,643 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Day trips from Jimbaran / Sudan

Hi slinky,

what has an earthquake that happened recently to do with a holiday in 10months time. What has happened last week/month has no bearing on what will happen next week/month let alone next year.

Southern Lombok around Kuta Lombok (south of the Airport) was unaffected whereas the Gilis were.

People started panicking last year in September, when Mt Agung never really erupted for the first time in over 50years, cancelling holidays and asking "I've book for next May shall I cancel". Guess what nothing happened.

You can't predict the unpredictable.

So what is your now proposed overally itinerary.

I assume you don't mean Sudan. Perhaps Suluban.

Jimbaran is basically a very large manufactured Hotel area all located along the long Jimbaran beach. No town as such just very large resorts.

Nice beach if you like to swim.

Suluban is a small beach in a popular surfing area around Uluwatu. Beaches look nice but not practical for swimming. Lots of rocks and reefs near the shore.

From either not really that much to see apart from Uluwatu temple.

Ubud better located for lots of sightseeing.

Stuff in between Ubud and Seminyak and Ubud and Sanur.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 15:23
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Day trips from Jimbaran / Sudan

Whilst Jimbaran is dominated by large resorts there are a few other smaller cheaper options. I have stayed at the Udayana Eco resort which is gorgeous up on the hill. You need to call taksis to get around though. I've also stayed at the White House which is behind the southern seafood restaurants (next door to The Intercontinental) it's great. There are also a few reasonably priced small properties with pools and aircon available on airbnb, for example I'm considering one which is just across the road from Lia Cafe, one of the best of the seafood restaurants on the beach.

Jimbaran is lovely but you are right there are limited things to do in the area. The beach is great for swimming and there are beginner surfing groups that operate there. I enjoy going for a swim and floating in the swell just behind where the waves break and watch the locals surf in the morning before going for breakfast at White Sands.

Reply to: Day trips from Jimbaran / Sudan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted