We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

I was reading the "Sanur Weekly" and see that a new restaurant called Rocky Reef Cafe opened a couple of weeks ago. It appears to be on the beach, somewhere near Lilla Pantai. Just wondered if anyone has tried it yet?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Anyone?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Simple but clean set up, reasonably priced food ranging from burgers to pasta. Good sized portions served on wooden boards, do try the chips they are tasty😇😆. Family of 5 we paid 25pounds for lunch including a few bintangs. It's 5 mins right of Griya santrian.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Hi. Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

It is no where near Griya Santrian. In fact you could not even get from the Griya Santrian to there in a vehicle in 5 minutes.

Like many other new restaurants the staff do not have much of a clue about anything. I found it to be just another beach front restaurant. It is hardly worth making a special trip to go there.

It is south of the Hyatt Hotel in a strip of a dozen very good beachfront restaurants. Lilla's Pantai next door is very good. Izakaya on the other side of it is also very good. Barramundi has some great dishes that a very well presented. Coco's is another nice place in that strip. However the stand out there is La Playa.

The seared tuna in sesame seed and the scallops rolled in bacon are two very good entrees at La Playa.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,339 posts
177 reviews
5. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Just a thought for what it's worth but I personally would avoid eating anything served on wooden platters, especially in the tropics. It would not be possible to clean them well enough to ensure that there was no bacteria lurking unless they were immersed in boiling water , which I doubt would be done.

I came across this once on a cruise up the Nile and many people who took food from wooden platters on the buffet became very sick.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Thank a lot for the info.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Travelkat's point is very pertinent. This is why it is against food handling regulations in Australia to have any wooden implements, boards, tables, etc of any sort in a food preparation area.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,339 posts
177 reviews
8. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Actually Charles, in recent times I have read in restaurant reviews that some items on the menu were being served on wooden platters which astonished me.

It's all very well to try and be trendy or something but that's foolish.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

I agree with what you are saying about serving food on wooden boards. I googled this place and found a few photos of the inside and various photos of different dishes. Every dish shown was served on plates.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: New restaurant on the beach in Sanur.

Hi Travelkat, that would astonish me too. They are just asking to be closed down by the health authorities. Madness!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur