We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur beach hotel - confused???

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Sanur beach hotel - confused???

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there are 2 Sanur Beach Hotels.

Hubby found this hotel on a search, and when I am looking for the location, I found 2 Sanur Beach hotels.

One I think is Aerowisata Sanur beach hotel and the other Sanur Beach Bali hotel.

If anyone has any info on this, location, if there are 2 which is better etc etc, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

No there is only one.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

Thanks, any idea of location?? Their web site doesn't show it, they just say located on Sanur Beach, but the map I found on google shows it back from the beach. Also any knowledge on hotel would be appreciated.

I want to stay at the Hyatt but hubby keeps looking at other hotels !!! Every time he has done this and we stay somewhere else, he always then says, Oh we should have gone to the Hyatt. Thanks again

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,002 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

Sanur Beach Hotel is south of the Hyatt and a little further south of Puri Santrian. It is a large hotel on the beach, with two big pools, tennis couirts, a number of restaurants, beach bar, beach volleyball, etc, etc. It has a number of room styles available. It's not for everyone, as it does also cater for tour groups.

ps if you are keen to stay at a larger hotel in Sanur, I would opt for the Hyatt.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 11:37
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,002 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

ps Hyatt is # 4, Puri Santrian # 6 and Sanur Beach Hotel #7 on this map;

tripadvisor.com.au/LocalMaps-g297700-Sanur-A…

and all have direct beach access, as do many others.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 12:22
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

The Sanur Beach Hotel easily beats the Hyatt for location. There are numerous great restaurants close to the Sanur Beach Hotel.

I walk past both of these places every morning. The clientele in both places sit around like people waiting to die. There is only so much gamelan music a live person could handle over breakfast. How some of the customers can bear this is beyond me!

You will understand my comments once you get here!

Cheers and best wishes.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

I absolutely love gamelan music - reminds me I'm in Bali - much better than the awful Muzak you get in some places.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
338 reviews
7. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

yes there was one song I called the distressed bird song. Be aware there are not a lot of Aussies at Sanur Beach hotel mostly Euros, unfriendly and afraid to go off the resort. Breakfast is great, it is on the beach and the beach path is convenient for more reasonably priced bars and food.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

I've stayed at Sanur Beach Hotel, enormous pool, beachside, spacious rooms but I felt that it lacked the Balinese ambiance of other hotels.

Cactus52 I'm European, friendly & I left the resort every day!

Perth
Level Contributor
856 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

I have walked through both and the Hyatt is better but I think also more exspensive. You can get nice views of the ocean from some of the rooms at the SBH. Beware though the tiles around the pool at the SBH are very slippery there are signs warning people, hopefully they have rectified the problem.

I prefer smaller hotels with a balinese feel to them and where I don't have to get up at dawn to get a sun lounger.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Sanur beach hotel - confused???

Thanks for all of your comments and advice.

Personally I am reluctant to stay at SBH, as if in Sanur I would much prefer the Hyatt.

Luckily (for me) I have just got a reply from Hyatt admin to say that I can use my Hyatt gold passport points on the dates I want and book a Regency suite for 4 nights (the max allowed) for $130 per night. As we normally pay $375 a night for this, I can now justify the cost for the additional 3 nights.

Now just have to decide where to stay for the first week! Still tossing that one up between the Santika or Rama Beach resort & villas.

Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur