We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanur beach countdown 2 months

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
sanur beach countdown 2 months

I am close to the 60 day mark and also the 60 birthday. Will be at the Sanur Beach hotel first 10 or so days in October. Anyone else staying there? Anyone from North America, maybe I will be the only Canadian there

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,769 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

Congratulations on your 60th birthday, cactus. Also congratulations on your adventurous spirit.

By the way, there is a nice even brick paved path for a very good long way along the beach front in Sanur, so it should be pretty easy for you to negotiate. Along the way there are lots of restaurants and watering holes for when the need for a Bintang strikes you.

By the way jonbarb, I reckon that if we opened a bar and called it "Moderation" nobody would come.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 12:55
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

thanks travelkat, I do tend to sink in sand. Bday is the 3rd October question is with the time change maybe it will last longer. This is a lazy trip, the next one will be sort like work, lots of young kids for 3 weeks then more Spanish.

Not much of a drinker, as reminded of that when at the all inclusive in Mexico ( where we Canadians go in winter) and had a few drinks before lunch and staggered into the lunch area.

I guess I will have to get used to Aussie humour again, its a bit different from Canada and US. I like to interact more with the locals when I go somewhere.

Last year in Granada Nicaragua I actually felt like I was a member of the community.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

Catus52, anxiously awaiting to hear how your trip went. Hope you had a Happy Birthday. Did you enjoy the Sanur Beach. We are in the planning stage of going to Bali in March for my brides 74th birthday. We will be spending my 76 birthday in Rome in May. I don't think the last time I wrote I mentioned our age. Still traveling, and loving every minute of it.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

I did do a report jonbarb. The people are very friendly. However there too many unfriendly Europeans around. Not enough Aussies at my hotel. I doubt I would go back. I want to go back to Nicaragua again. Now I have this idea of going to Malaysia. You give me hope being 76 and still seeing the world.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

100 days for us.I suppose everyone will be gone by then.

Mac

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

Hey cempaka,

Bob is now my hero as well!!!!

Cheers Mac

17. Re: sanur beach countdown 2 months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about Sanur