We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
237 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

After letting my husband go on holiday to Bali fro Christmas, I could not resist to have a few days as well. Planing to go to Sanur for this break, as we will be in Ubud later in the year.

Just after rest and relax, good food and some spa treatments. After checking out the top rated spots, there all quite expensive and I prefer one which does not advertise in US $ as I know the massage girls don't get that kind of money.

Will be staying at a small hotel called Puri Mesari. Could someone please point me in the right direction where to find some places or where I can do more research. Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

NVYN from Sanur Beach Hotel, Suar Spa is only about a 3 minute walk. Walk out of the main gates onto the road, head to the left, at the T intersection continue to the left and it's just around a bend in the road on the right hand side of the road.

Nessbali, from Paneeda View it's probably not walking distance, especially if you are pregnant. I can't answer about the safe pregnancy massage I'm sorry. But if you really get stuck there is a place just before you get to the gates of the Besakih called Jamu. It's not cheap but the staff are very well trained medically, to help with all sorts of medical issues (not that pregnancy is an issue, lol).

budgewoi
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

This is a fantastic spa i have visited it many times over the past 4 years and cant wait to go again in feb2013 everything is clean and its good to have a shower and the girls are fantastic. It is worth paying a bit more instead of having massages on the beach.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

I have had a package at Jamu spa, next to Besakih and loves it. Beautiful rooms and very professional services. It is definitely expensive by Bali standards but I absolutely thought it was worth the money.

I've been to ayu spa on the beach front numerous times and I although they are great value, I've found their service to be very inconsistent. While having facials, I have left fresh faced and soft skinned, feeling quite relaxed but I find that while you're having your treatment done in one of the rooms, people are popping in to get something or to ask one of the girls something. They do try to be as quiet as they can but its nonetheless disturbing when you're trying to relax. My most recent visit there was not so good and I'm unsure if I'll return because of this. You can read about it on my blog from my trip http://annasventures.wordpress.com/

My Ayu Spa experience is on day 6

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

I have found another good cheapie. Angel's opposite Cinnamon Restaurant. The massages are good, firm but without bruising.

Also for something special Aroma Spa on the By Pass, they will pick you up and drop you off. Not cheap, but oh, what luxury. Extremely well trained staff and the attention to detail is amazing.

Perth
Level Contributor
637 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

There is one across the road from Hardy's it's at the address of 67d Jl Tamblingan. Sorry I forgot the name because I tend to float out of there after a massage.

They are cheap, offer what ever other salon offers, and it's a nice salon.

In Bali I find most spas are the same. It's as if all the girls/boys are trained at the same place.

The only difference I found is price and location/setting. Of course, you'll pay more for a good setting. Why pay more when you don't need to.

PS: Yes I've had facials done there and they are good: cost $5.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 16:03
Perth
Level Contributor
637 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

Hardy's Supermarket is in central Sanur on the main road.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

Hi Whinnie, does that Angels have anything to do with the one at the bottom of Hardys?

I've just had aThai massage across the road from Bagus Drugstore, didn't know so many joints in a body could crack like that !!

Had one in Angels in Hardys yesterday, was just ok.

stonie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

Don't know the answer to that one, stonie, sorry.

3 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

I will be staying at Heaven hills villa in Jimbaran, any spa or restaurant which i cant missed out?

Edited: 05 December 2012, 16:12
30. Re: Budget good Spa and Restaurants in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 15:45