We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Legend Villas Sanur

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Hello, if anyone has an update to the Aston Legend Villas in 2008, I sure would appreciate it.

We are planning to go this coming month but every review is quite old.

Thanks, Dianne

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Hi Kiwi,

We are off to there tomorrow ex Brisvagas for 10 nights adnd will post a report early next week.

We have booked direct with property and to date the responses have been timely, informative and in good English.

Fyi we are also using a VOA service tomorrow so will comment on that.

Cheers,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Thank you and I look forward to your information. Excuse me but what is the VOA service you are talking about?

Thanks again and my husband and I look forward to your experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Hi Kiwi,

We have now been here for three nights and day four.

Firstly, Aston Legend Villas have fully met our expectations with privacy and attentive and friendly staff. Menu in Caramel Rest has limited local selections remaining menu caters for western/european style. Nearby are a selection of local eateries much more reasonably priced for food and beer.

Used VOA and transfer to villa service arranged by Travelco Bali no problems.

Sanur Beach is not up to Aust/NZ standards unless you are at a 5* hotel and there are a number adjacent with what seems to be mainly European clientel with a ++proportion of smokers.

Have ordered trousers from Janoko's in Poppies Lane II in Kuta and even with taxi fares ($AUD10-12) they cost out at $AUD20-25/pr. When asked for bets price the original price was stuck with.

Lots of beer available and Bintang is OK, local wine is OK. From observation spirits are expensive.

Hope this all helps with your planning.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Hi Kiwi,

Just us again last night we visited sommeone staying at Emerald Villas, Sanur they are closer to Hardy's and a generally nicer area of Sanur, off the main road and close to Hyatt if you need the beach.

Emerald villas very impressive, large and built to Western standards. Not sure what the cost difference is but would recommend a comparison.

Cheers,

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

You are so right about the European smokers.

It is hard to believe that they are so ignorant on this particular point. It seems to be whenever I am half way through a meal someone will sit near me and blow smoke in my direction.

While you are in Sanur wander south along the walkway until you get to Kesuma restaurant. Try the snapper and prawns there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Thanks so very much. We're not exactly "beach persons" so I think we'll be OK. Which is rather funny because we live on a boat in a yacht club in San Diego, but we also live in NZ part time and the sun becomes a problem as we get older, which means lotion, hats, etc.

When you say "western/euopean food" would you please provide an example?

Amyway we really appreciate your feedback and hope you have an really enjoyable vacation.

Thanks again.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
95 reviews
7. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Hi Kiwi,

Please see comprehensive JBR wich I am about to post especially about quoted rate at Emerald Villas if you are on a budget.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Western food is available at most restaurants eg. gordon blue (cordon bleu), steaks (pepper, onion sauces etc), chicken, pastas..... all the usual even cheese burgers in alot of places.

By far the cheapest food is the local Indoneaian/Balinese and you will find these on the menus as well. You will be spoilt for choice.

I second the vote for Kesumas at the southern end of the beach.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Can you buy liquor at the airport when you arrive?

I understand the grocery store sells liquor but most airports have duty free stores on arrival.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Dianne

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: Aston Legend Villas Sanur

Also thanks for all your replies to my questions.

Dianne

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations