We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at Puri Santrian??

Berkshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
Construction at Puri Santrian??

The latest review mentions construction noise...any ideas as to what, where and how long for??

No reply from hotel yet.

Salud!!

Geelong, Victoria...
Level Contributor
129 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Tagging along to see the answer on this one...

Berkshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Kirstyn...when are you going?

We're not arriving until September, but it's still a worry!

Salud!

Geelong, Victoria...
Level Contributor
129 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Check in on 28 May.. I saw that review too. Given other reviews at the same time don't mention it, I'm hoping they put the review on the wrong hotel... Actually I think I'll check the Gria Santrian reviews and see if it's there...

Nup, no mention in the Gria reviews... Perhaps email the Puri guys again?

Edited: 08 April 2017, 14:51
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
687 posts
409 reviews
4. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Hi, we were there about 12 to 17 March and they were getting ready to demolish the old superior wing - there was a wall going up around the whole block to help contain the noise and rubble. There are two superior room wings, this is the one nearest reception. If you are in the club wing or the premium wing you are going to be okay noisewise, but if you are scheduled for a superior room I would really be thinking twice about it.

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
5. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Just posted in the other thread.

Properly worried now, we check in last week of June for 2 weeks.

We'll see.

Halstead, United...
13 posts
6. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

hi

we are at the hotel from the 16th of june on wards for two weeks - I had posted a review, and a very kind person who lives close to the hotel is going to take a walk through the hotel grounds and get back to me with what can be seen?Also from the reviews I think the hotel are doing there best to keep clients happy by putting them in rooms away from the work- i will let you know when i have any more info. regards Julie

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

The Griya was renovated a couple of years ago & the noise was only a problem for a small amount of the construction work.The Balinese don't use too much heavy machinery & they fence it off fairly well 😎😎

Cheers Mac

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

We are currently staying in a Club room and can hear the construction noise. It doesn't start super early but I am finding it annoying. Also laying by the large pool (with swim up bar) there are construction noises during the day so not quite as relaxing as I had hoped. It's not ruining our stay though so try not to worry!

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
9. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Any sign on when it may be finished?

Amberley, New...
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Construction at Puri Santrian??

Visiting in early July. Also interested in your feedback