We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with accomodations

New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Need help with accomodations

we will be going to bali for the first time in about a month (staying 7 nights), and i have yet to do any real research into where to go and where to stay. i will eventually do this but in the meantime, thought you guys could help point me in the right direction. i have a bunch of starwood points, so would love to try to use these for hotel bookings first.

my options:

- W in seminyak

- westin nusa dua

- the laguna resort in nusa dua

and can someone help simplify for me the different vibes/feel of these different areas so i can see if we want to stay in one place versus moving hotels every few nights, etc.

- seminyak

- nusa dua

- ubud

thanks!!!

Berwick Victoria
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with accomodations

Hi ektk

Nusa Dua area is very nice, we stay at the Novotel Nusa Dua there, the area is clean and tidy, quiet and you dont get hasselled like you do in Kuta. I Here Seminyak is very nice this is north of Kuta but far enough away from hussell and Bussell, Ubud is up in the hills and is very tranquil.

Kuta is great for shopping and the night life, Nusa Dua has heaps of market shopping and of course the Bali collection.

We stayed in Nusa Dua for 3 weeks last year and will be there again in September for 16night(cant wait).

I hope this helps

Lynda

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with accomodations

Why dont you have 5 nights in Seminyak where you are close to all the lovely restaurants,shopping,bars and spas then have the last two in Nusa Dua for R&R.

Use your rewards at the W Seminyak then The Laguna or Westin in Nusa Dua.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with accomodations

Agree with the above post.. And just to say The Weston in nusa dua has the best teppanyaki!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with accomodations

Agree with TLM but really need to book really soon or you will be disappointed.

cocomoco
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with accomodations

If you are staying 7 nights I agree that you should pick two villages out of three. I would definitely include Ubud because if you would just stay in Nusa Dua or Seminyak you will not experience any 'real Bali'. Nusa Dua is full of resorts which is ideal if you are looking for a nice beach holiday. Seminyak is pretty the same only it is much more lively in Nusa Dua, different crowd (plus crowdier) and you have more options when it comes to shops, restaurants, nightlife.

But check out Ubud too. It located in the mainland of Bali but is surrounded by ricefields and there are many sights to see nearby such as Goa Gaja, Gunung Kawi. And it is fun to walk through the ricefields, do daytrips to eastern Bali and the lakes. Check out http://www.bali-travel-life.com to see more on what to do near Ubud (or Seminyak and Nusa Dua)

In my opinion you will miss out alot if you would just stay in Nusa Dua or Seminyak alone. But then again, if you do want a real beach holiday than Ubud would not be an option.

Good luck on planning your trip.

6. Re: Need help with accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:54
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua
Recent Conversations