We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moderate Hotel Needed

Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Moderate Hotel Needed

Hi TA experts, I need to find a hotel under $40 USD per night per room for our first trip to Bali. Jan 5th to Jan 9th for the Kuta portion. I will need 4 rooms with queen/double beds (family of 7). We are looking for something with a pool and A/C. Our 5 kids, if you can call them that at 22 plus, will want something close to the beach, restaurants and night life. We, the parents, will want to chill, cocktail, walk on the beach, massage and watch our kids adventures. I saw a recommendation on here for Secret Garden Inn but don't know if the location is good or if there are any better options.

Our travel plan is 4N Kuta, 3N Ubud, 4N Nusa Lembongan and the last 2 nights are still up in the air. We want to finish somewhere fun.

Thanks for any recommendations.

7 replies to this topic
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

I suggest you go to the online agencies, put your budget and other needs into the filter and see what comes up. You can check out the locations from google maps. The Jayakarta and Kuta Town Houses are popular budget options.

Legian, Indonesia
Level Contributor
594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Hi Knox

Have a look at DeKuta hotel

Beach end of Poppies 2

Great location, near the beach and the Beach walk centre, good restaurants etc.

I have stayed there many times myself and still recommend it to family and friends visiting from Aus and the U.K.

Not sure about the rates that time of year but worth a look - very nice place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Look at booking.com, put in your budget and criteria. Then Read reviews on Tripadvisor, look at travellers pics. Use their map

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Masa Inn Poppies1, local Balinese owned, 2pools.

It's an older hotel 70's so you won't get all the bells & whistles of a new western style hotel, quiet inside grounds once off the lane.

Walk down the lane to the beach & late night/early morning bars/clubs on Jl Legian walkable distance although i would not suggest walking back after midnight/early morning hours, best to take a taxi.

Triple rooms with double bed & single bed overlooking front pool, we pay Rp500,000/night for 2persons.

There are also double/twin rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool.(1st & ground floor)

Secret Garden is just around the lane from Kuta Townhouses (off Poppies 1)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
796 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Booking.com today has 279 hotels in kuta $0-79 to choose from.

Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I had been looking on line but was unsure of a good location. Using your hotel recommendations, I searched the areas close to these and finally decided on a great offer on Dewi Sri Hotel Hope it works out for us. if you have any additional feed back on this location please let me know.

Cardiff CA
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moderate Hotel Needed

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I had been looking on line but was unsure of a good location. Using your hotel recommendations, I searched the areas close to these and finally decided on a great offer on Dewi Sri Hotel Hope it works out for us. if you have any additional feed back on this location please let me know.

Reply to: Moderate Hotel Needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
Recent Conversations