We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for 12 am

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
Driver for 12 am

My flight lands at Denpasar at 12am and my hotel is in Uluwatu. I was wondering if you all suggest booking a driver since it's so late at night or would I be fine finding a taxi driver?

I contacted my hotel for a driver and they said they can arrange one but I'd be better off finding a driver at the airport for a cheaper price.

I would love to have a driver so there won't be any trouble with finding the hotel and because it is so late, it'd be quicker to have someone ready for us when we land but again, because of the time, I would think it might be difficult to find someone that's willing to work so late.

Perth
Level Contributor
367 posts
1. Re: Driver for 12 am

Your flight ETA is midnight. Allow up to 90 minutes to get through the Airport, the longest wait being to get your luggage. You will be tired, and will not want the hassel of negotiating a price. Then you have around 30 minutes drive to get to Ulluwatu.

I suggest you get the driver from the hotel. He will know exactly where to go, and the hotel price should be around $25.

Perth
Level Contributor
367 posts
2. Re: Driver for 12 am

Another thought. Check online for Golden Bird, which is the Limo branch of Bluebird Taxis.

Large taxi company, very efficient. Their price may be cheaper.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Driver for 12 am

Get a hotel transfer, or organize a driver beforehand by the time you get out, the taxi rank at DPS will be closed

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Driver for 12 am

We thought about the same thing too. We will bring our children. Do not want to deal with the taxi outside. Since the taxi counter closed at 10 pm. The option for us is either ask the hotel to pick us up or get a golden bird. I have used Golden Bird at the airports so many times, very happy with their professional service.

Please contact Golden Bird (blue bird's group). their email is mkt.gb.bali@bluebirdgroup.com. We reserved a Toyota Innova car (the cheapest) for Rp 214.500 (around USD 17) one way from the airport to Sanur in the middle of the night. The driver will hold a sign with my name on it. You will pay to the driver once you arrive at your hotel. They are very reliable, safe and very professional. Highly recommend it.

Edited: 13 August 2016, 04:22
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
131 reviews
5. Re: Driver for 12 am

Just one more option to those already given. Bali has drivers all over the place and with many flights departing and arriving in the later hours, many would be available even at the time you mention.

My mate Wayan always looks after me and i always recommend him to family and friends. I'm sure if you dropped him a message your arrival time and hotel details he would be able to look after you :)

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Re…

6. Re: Driver for 12 am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2017, 09:48