We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

I booked an expensive(thinking it was a bargain at the time) 7 days at sol beach house benoa. Not realizing that the flights and meals are not included in the price and it will take us 2-3 days to fly to Bali. Booking is for 4september to 11 september.changing the date is not allowed.So i was thinking why not extend our stay until 14 september and stay the rest of the holiday at a romantic cheap hotel. Im still looking for cheap flights from South Africa

25 replies to this topic
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Hi Abigail, welcome to the forum,

You would be best to go into a Flight Center closest to you, l noted FC have fabulous deals to Bali and other great destinations with flights, accommodation included.

I’m a frequent flier with Qatar which is flight only as l stay for longer periods than FC can offer me on a special and l have fabulous privileges with Qatar.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 00:00
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

I blew the budget with the expensive accomodation aaarrrggghhh. Thinking it is all inclusive. The hotel is booked 4 september to 11 september so i was thinking fly on 31 aug and return 15 september and book extra hotel s for 1sept -4sept and then again 11sept-15 sept. I will make a loan at the bank for the flights

Brisbane
Level Contributor
779 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Have a look at Ubud. Completely different atmosphere and heaps of places to choose from. Best to look at maps to make sure it's walking distance to centre for meals and shopping. Greenfields and Tegal Sari are good locations and good for budget.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Abigail, do decide which are you want to stay for your extra time, and once you have decided, then please give us your nightly budget (either in $US, or in IDR). Because we all have different ideas of "extremely cheap".

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

You will still need to book those flights ASAP as it’s only a month away. I usually book six months in advance. Let us know which areas you interested in before giving you hotel choices.

Cape Town via Doha takes me 23 hours with two hours in Doha.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 04:02
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Ouch, that was an expensive mistake.

If I was looking for somewhere cheap and romantic I would check out Ubud. Omah Apik in the ricefields could well fit the bill. www.omah-apik.com This is only a suggestion and if you do your research well I feel sure you will find something more to your liking and if you do and need some reassurance, advice etc you will be assured of lots of help.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

will need to know your budget as mentioned as one persons cheap is another persons expensive :)

Perth
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

Yes book soon as early September is still busy in Bali.

Use online booking site for flights and accom, which should be a cheaper option.

You can also phone them as your booking may be complicated by only needing part accomodation.

Usually flights and accom is discounted when booked together.

I use www.wotif.com , never had a problem with them.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 10:07
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

350000 idr is my limit per night. Thanks for all the replies

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel

That's $35 aust a night and whilst you can get a budget hotel for that, I am afraid it wont be romantic.

You will probably have to come over to Kuta and look at budgets like 51 Lima Satu cottages

http://51cottages.tumblr.com/

There are many small hotels with pools and breakfast you will just have to google and then look at tripadvisor reviews but please don't have champagne taste on a beer budget :)

Good luck.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 12:08
Reply to: Looking for extremely cheap romantic hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denpasar
Recent Conversations