We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

Uk
1 post
Save Topic
varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

i am going to varanasi

in dec 09 can any body tell me good hotels/guest houses in varanasi ghats

iam planning a trip to gaya and allhabad ,preferably with a groups

do you think we can find any fellow travellers ,which areas of varanasi we should look for

what is the average prices

i want to escape all the touts

what is weather likr in varanasi in dec

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

check this one.seems good one.

www.hotelsuryavns.com

don't forget to make a brgain.

Varanasi
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

Dear M/s Rao UK,

Greetings from Varanasi !!

There are plenty of hotels in the city as well as near the Ghats and you may book the same depending on your budget and date of visit. You may visit any of the websites on travel and find the name of hotels in Varanasi with their price. However, please note December is busy tourist season.

Gaya and Allahabad are on opposite directions. Allahabad is 125 kms from Varanasi and you may find very convenient Train/Bus from Varanasi Cantt taking only 3 hours. Gaya is on the other direction and is 220 kms from Varanasi. You may find trains from Varanasi/Mughalsarai (only 18 kms from Varanasi)

Unless you have your own friends and group, it is advised to travel individualy.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

look for shiva guest house as well.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

Varanasi Guide:

Can you comment on UP Tourism operated RAHI TOURIST BUNGALOW at Varanasi for Indian Travellers, i guess its located next to Varanasi Cantonment Railway Station. I did call them today and person on phone said that the AC Rooms have floor carpeted, we will arrive in Jan. last week so we will not require the AC being winter but i did check with him the AC rooms are better designed he said yes.

Please let me know know your views.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

We stayed in Ganges View guest house on Assi ghat and were more than happy with our choice. Next door is the Palace on the river guesthouse which is newer and looks very nice from the outside. The other popular option is th Rashmi guest house which gets great reviews but in my opinion is too expensive for what it offers.

In any case if you stay on the river request a room with a river view.

bristol uk
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

Gday ive just come back India from where i travelled from Delhi to Calcutta.I had a 21 day train pass.Stopped off at Allahabad,Varanasi and Bodhgaya along the way,as well as other places.In Varanasi i stayed at the Alka Guest house.Right on the Ganges,on Meer Ghat.Its a very friendly guest house.Paid 700 rupees a night.,clean,hot water,sat telly.You can pay another 100-150 rupees to get a balcony with river view.Theres a court yard that over looks the river where you can sit around for a meal and breaky or just chill out.From the train station rikshaws will only take you to about a quarter mile away,where you walk the rest thru back alley,s but everyone knows where it is.If you going onto to Bodhgaya,its a 4 hour train ride,wher you get off at Gaya then get a rikshaw the other 15 klms for about 70 rupees.And if you go to Allalahabad,its about5 hours,stay in civill lines area,more guest houses(i stayed in the Tepso) a bit quieter.You leave the station at the back entrance and its on ly a 5 min cycle rikshaw for 10 rupees or a 10 min walk.Hope this ois helpful,weather will be about 27deg in day and about 13 at night.As been said Dec a busy month so get the Alka number and phoned ahead,i did and they had my room ready at no extra cost.Feel free to ask anymore questions,i see you in UK,so if you want i could send on my email or tel number to give you more tips.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

It is chilly in Dec. at night, but pleasant in the day. I would recommend staying near Assi Ghat rather than by Gowdolia as it is quieter and still not too far from the main Ghats.

Gympie, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

We stayed at the Rashmi guest house..which has a restaurant on the roof...it was awesome !!!

9. Re: varanasi hotels/guest houses near ghats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2010, 09:48