We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to go to varanasi from kerala by train

chennai
1 post
Save Topic
how to go to varanasi from kerala by train

Can u let me known how to go to varanasi from kerala by train from which place of kerala.Is their any train from calicut to varanasi or we have change the train from some were else .Please let know how to travel from kerala or from chennai.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,585 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to go to varanasi from kerala by train

From Chennai there are train connections to Varanasi:

Train number 2669 GANGAKAVERI EXP departs from CHENNAI CENTRAL on Mondays and Saturdays at 17:30 and reaches VARANASI at 07:05 (2 nights on the train).

Train number 2295 SANGHAMITRA EXP departs CHENNAI CENTRAL all days except Fridays at 15:25 and arrives at MUGHALSARAI (Varanasi) at 05:30 (2 nights on the train).

From Calicut directly, there are no trains to Varanasi. I don't know the exact answer for your question about how to go from Calicut, but I was looking at this railway map which is useful:

mapsofindia.com/maps/…india-railway-map.htm

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,585 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to go to varanasi from kerala by train

Sanal the best way to find trains is to use this link:

trainenquiry.com/TrainsBetwImpStation.aspx

For Chennai, there are two stations, Egmore and Central. For Varanasi, there is Varanasi Junction and Mughal Sarai.

3. Re: how to go to varanasi from kerala by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 07:46