We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Hi all,

I am visiting Varanasi from September 26-30, 2017 with my parents aged around 60s. I would like to have recommendations on the best hotels/resorts/guest houses which overlook the Ghats and so that they can view the Ganges right from the balconies(I am not familiar with which are the best or renowned ghats there). My mother wants to see the Aarati and I would like it to be very comfortable for her as locomotion/movement is a problem for her.

Preferred budget in total for these days would be around 20,000-25,000 INR.

Thanks in advance,

Soumya

10 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
644 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Hi

My recommendation will be for Hotel Brijrama Palace.

Please checkout this hotel

With regards

Shaan

India Viaje en Coche

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Thanks for the response. That is around 18K per night.

I am looking for something within 25K for 5 days. Could you suggest something in this range and meeting the same criteria ?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
644 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Hi

You can also try with Jukaso Ganges little higher form your suggested budget but meet all other requirements.

Shaan

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Hi,

I will suggest you Taj Gateway Hotel and Radisson as well.

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

We are going there this coming weekend. We are staying at Suryauday resorts, Shivala Ghat as my mom wanted to take a dip in the ganges every morning. We are paying ₹6k per night for the std room, not facing the river, but on the ghats. The other option of Brijram was too expensive.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Can I suggest you try Ganpati Guest House which is within your budget? You will need to check whether they have a room without too many stairs if mobility is an issue for your mother. Enjoy your trip!!

Cheers, Lynne

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Thanks Lynne ! Yes stairs will be a problem for her. I did check the Ganpati Guest House.Let me check with them.

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
222 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

If your parents are aged and problem in Walking, avoid to book hotel near to Ghat. It will alyawys very difficult for them to walk or access hotel. Try to book any hotel near to Cantonment are or Assi ghat area.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

Hi everyone, Thanks for all your recommendations. I checked all the hotel suggested and finally found Banaras Haveli on Assi Ghat road to be somewhat feasible in terms of accessibility and proximity to ghats and surrounding areas. Keeping my fingers crossed for the trip starting tomorrow !

10. Re: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2017, 08:11

Reply to: Best Family Acommodation Overlooking Ghats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted