We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Greetings! I was hoping I could get realistic opinions on getting from the airport on a Saturday at 15:45 in early November into town in time to be on a boat for the Aarti ceremony? We are staying at the Brijrama Palace hotel and are just now starting to think about timing as we only have booked one night in Varanasi due to tight schedule.

Realistically, with no checked luggage can we get from our Vistara flight inbound from Delhi, to the Brijrama and on a boat in time? I am reading now that the ceremony likely starts around 6pm in November. Is that accurate?

Thank you for your opinions and information you may have to help with our planning.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

yeah , it is quite possible and timeing are not fixed for the aarti ceremony. It depends on the sunset. however, reaching ealry gives you the opportunity to secure a better location for viewing the ceremony.

Varanasi airport is around 20 Kms form the city and couple of kms more form your hotel. In any case it won't take you more then 45 minuted to reach your hotel. So you have enough time.

Edited: 04 September 2017, 12:35
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Hi Cathay881Heavy,

I think it is entirely do-able, if you go straight from the airport to your hotel, check-in, drop your bags and then proceed to the Dashashwamedh Ghat. The earlier you get there the better. Hopefully your plane will land on time!

Best of Luck and enjoy Varanasi! It is unlike anything you have ever seen!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Hi,

yes you can do the visit as per your timing.

Arrive at the airport and directly to hotel and your hotel is not far from the ghats so easily doable

Have a great trip.

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
711 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Hi

There is no issue regarding experiencing Ganga Aarti but boat ride by sun set will depend how early you get to the Ghat's.

Try to get there as soon as possible.

Even your hotel will arrange but try to get to your hotel as soon as possible.

Airport to hotel will take approx an hour then by boat to your hotel.

Shaan

India Viaje en Coche

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

HI,

Since none mentioned in the earlier replies ... the best place to hire a boat, in my personal experience, would be Aassi Ghat and even if you reach by 16:30 : 17:00 hrs and ready with your camera ... You will be able to experience with comfort.

I am not as to where your hotel is located.

CarLink

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Thank you all for the replies! For the question on where our hotel is, it is on Darbhanga Ghat. Looks to be a five minute walk to the Aarti. However our hotel supposedly has an aiport transfer that consists of a boat pick up. I'm curious if that might be a good idea to use that boat pick up to get into position for the Aarti depending on what time we actually get on the boat.

As a first time visitor to India, is traffic still going to be the same at 16:00 on a Saturday as it would be during the rest of the week? Also, does anyone have experience with Vistara and how reliable they are with on time performance?

Thank you all so much for your help!

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Vistara is newest of all airlines in India and a JV between SIA and Tatasons,its full fledge airline with premium service on board.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

Vistra ... rest assured about the quality of service and commitment to fulfill what has been promised.

Have a memorable trip.

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

You'll have enough time to experience Aarti. Since you will stay at hotel BrijRama Palace, so they use to provide bat transfer from northern part of the city to the Hotel. BrijRama Palace is just 100 mitre ahead of main Ghat where Aarti take place.

10. Re: Airport to Aarti ceremony timing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2018, 10:47