We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety for solo female tourist 2017

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
safety for solo female tourist 2017

Hello,does anyone travel to Varanasi recently?can anyone advise are there particular streets or blocks to avoid?and does any can advise on safe tour company for solo female?is there any taxi with female drivers??thank You all in advance.

Varanasi Ganga Tour - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
The Heritage Walk By Manjeet
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Streetwise Varanasi Tours - Day Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Experience Varanasi
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
13 replies to this topic
West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

Hi Ingrida :)

I think you'll be absolutely fine. Don't worry about avoiding 'this street and that street', really, just take a few simple precautions.

One of the most obvious ones being - try not to go out alone at night. The gallis/passage ways near the ghats for example can be badly lit and full of things to step in.

As far as guides & tour companies in Varanasi goes, my personal recommendations are Varanasi Walks & Streetwise, but you'll find many more in the Varanasi 'Things to do' section of the site.

Female taxi drivers? I doubt it. At least I've never encountered any while there.

All the best

Spud

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

Thank You,Spud :-) i never walk at night.nowhere.so Varanasi is ok,thats very good and i will go ahead with plans.Thank You again!

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
234 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

Everywhere is fine and safe to go. Book any tour companey. If you have a guide with you, You'll save your time.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

thank You

Delhi
Level Contributor
510 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

Just basic precautions, like not going out alone at late nights. it has been well pointed above that some of the narrow streets are not well lit and thus one needs to be careful navigating these streets at night. Not getting too cozy with strangers and not wearing too short dresses which may bring unwanted attention are some basic things you may want to take care of.

Edited: 05 April 2017, 13:23
6. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2017, 15:54

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

yes of course just good quality hotels.thank You for advise on must see things too.thank You.

8. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 18:05

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

hello.You are very correct about nasty experiences.thats the reason i am looking for information...i know i will enjoy it just need safe company...

10. Re: safety for solo female tourist 2017

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 17:38

Reply to: safety for solo female tourist 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted