We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

We travelled from the Uk with only a short time available to see Delhi and Agra. Through this forum we made conatct with Sunil Gupta who arranged bespoke travel arrangements for us. He was always prompt with replies and happily answered all my questions and made changes to our itinery until I was 100% happy.

We took a day trip to Agra and were collected promptly by Dev from our hotel. He is an amazingly safe driver and despite a multitude of bizarre experiences on the road to Agra got us there safely andvery comfortably. It was preety cool to sit in the large air conditioned car with water available and be able to take in all the great sights and scenery of India. It was our choice to move straight on to a visit to the Taj Mahal but a refreshment rest was offered. Our guide whisked us through entry procedures and we were soon having our breath taken away by this wonderful building. The guide knew so much about everything, we learnt so much. And he knew how to use my camera and how to get the best photos.We were stunned by the excellent pictures we now have, they really are amazing and its all down to his knowledge of the best places to take them.

We moved on to the Agra fort, which is quite a sight but we cut this short as my Wife was struggling in the heat and a pre-existing condition.

We were whisked away to the home of Yojna, Rajni, Anjana, Anita

and their children Aman, Rohit & Shashank. Here a wonderful meal was prepared for us and we spent a while exchanging knowledge about our different countries and cultures.My Wife took part in the preparation of the meal as she is a 'foodie'.This part of the day wa sgreta fun and we felt genuinely welcomed. It was stressed to me that all the food was prepared in bottled water as they are well aware of the trepidation Westerners have when eating outside of hotels. The food was very enjoyable and healthy.After saying our goodbyes we starte doff back to Delhi. Another journey that left me dunbstruck with the sights and sounds of India. Once again Dev was careful and very safe and we arrived back in Delhi, tired but well worth the trip. During the day Sunil made contact with me to check everything was ok.

I arranged a sightseeing tour of Delhi with Sunil for 2 days later, and was very happy to see Dev arrive to drive us that day. We visited every single sight possible in Delhi and the tour was paced to our arrangements. There was no pressure to do anything we did not want to do. The guide was knowledgable and was good company.Again Sunil made contact to make sure we were enjoying the trip and if we had any problems.

After a hot day sightseeing it was back to the hotel for a sundowner but not before arraning with Sunil for Dev to take us to the airport the following day. By then ,having seen the traffic in Delhi, I did not want anyone but Dev driving us!!

I would recommend Sunil to arrange tours to suit your requirements. The tours are bespoke and nothing is too much trouble or unusual for him.The guide at the Taj made that trip twice as good as we could have hoped and 'my' driver Dev is second to none.

The prices we were quoted matched the prices we paid, no hidden extras or surprises.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

We scoured every possible resource to plan our dream honeymoon in India. While searching TA, we found Sunil Gupta and contacted him because he was the best reviewed and recommended guide.

Unlike others we had reached out to, he was the only one who was prompt with replies and suggestions. I knew that even with the time difference, I would always get a reply the same day. This was so refreshing because we were also in the midst of planning all the details for our destination wedding. He made booking our complex trip to India as easy as possible and for that we are very grateful.

Our trip consisted of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur and a last minute change from Haridwar to Mumbai. We booked all the hotels and Sunil booked all the transportation, tours and guides on the ground. His planning was so meticulous and methodical that we literally didn't have to think about a thing. There was always a terrific guide and driver waiting for us at every destination.

When we arrived in Delhi, we were given a local mobile phone with Sunil's contact numbers pre-programmed so that if anything was needed he was available anytime. Having him on call felt like having our own personal concierge and made navigating India less daunting. It also made our last minute itinerary change as simple as a couple phone calls. The bulk of our luggage had gone ahead to Delhi while we were in Udaipur. It was there that we decided to reroute and go to Mumbai for 3 days. A few phone calls later, our luggage was on the road and headed for Udaipur.

The best part was all the little details, like my birthday, that were remembered. While on our honeymoon, I celebrated my birthday and met with our driver that day who gave me flowers and a lovely gift from Sunil and birthday wishes via phone. It was very special and made my day even more memorable.

India was amazing and Sunil made our trip even more magical and spectacular than we expected. All his associate guides were also top notch: funny, warm, hospitable and thoroughly informative. We loved him so much that we're already planning on returning next year for the Holi and the promised Indian wedding invite from Sunil :)

West Berlin, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

My family of 6 used Sunil for touring Delhi, Jaipur and Agra in July. He is very professional, friendly and very prompt with his emails. I found Sunil through Trip Advisor and contacted him by his email - sunil@signature-tours.com. His tour guides and drivers are also quite knowledgeable and willing to adapt with respect to schedule, meals and weather.

I would recommend his services highly and will be using him again on my next trip to India.

California
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

I searched for a guide for Agra and found Sunil via Trip Advisor. I was a single traveler and wanted the security of a private tour. He provided helpful advice before my trip to Agra. My driver for the weekend picked me up at Delhi's airport and we made the long journey to Agra with no incidents. My guide for the weekend was great and focused on my interests of historical facts and architecture. My guide gave me valuable advise before departing the car at each site so that I would not be bothered by the people trying to sell trinkets or post cards which worked every time. Always take the early morning tour of the Taj Mahal (5:30 / 6:00 AM). The peacefulness of the site with minimal tourists is the only way to appreciate the beauty of the site. My driver took me back to Delhi's airport on Sunday with no incident (4 to 5 hour journey). When I say "no incident", I mean no delays due to traffic and accidents which are always anticipated in India. I would highly recommend Sunil and his team to be your guides in Agra. I felt safe and at the end of the visit knew I was in very good and sincere reliable hands the entire time.

Johannesburg...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

I can only add my hearty recommendation for Sunil Gupta. He was an amazing guide - knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. He was very relaxed and let us stay as long as we wanted at each place. We had a magical trip of Agra and the Taj Mahal with Sunil. Thank you Sunil! Your English is superb and your manner is wonderful. Continue doing this amazing work!

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

I traveled to Agra for 4 days and received Sunil's contact from another Agent in Mumbai. Sunil was very professional and was very prompt in replying to all of my emails prior to arriving in India. I was a solo femal traveler and felt comfortable the entire time. I flew into Gwalior and Sunil was able to provide a car and driver to pick me up and drive me from Gwalior to Agra (a journey of about 1 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic and road conditions). The journey was flawles and the driver was kind enough to give me some interesting information along the way. Sunil arranged for my guide Aadil for a day tour of the Taj Mahal the Agra Fort, shopping. We also went to the spot where the the supposed Black Taj Mahal was going to be built. Aadil was informative and also patient while I was shopping.

The tour was amazing and I was glad that Sunil helped plan my trip. Agra was the beginning of my India trip and Sunil and Aadil helped me kick the trip off well. I would higly recommend contacting Sunil as he will help with all of the small details and the big ones so all you have to do is show up. This is the best was to travel.

Thanks for a great trip!!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

Our family of 5 hired Sunil Gupta's company while we toured North India. We were extremely pleased with all the services offered, which were way above our expectation. The drivers were very safe, reliable, and flexible. The van that we were in was almost new. We appreciated the warmth and care of the drivers who seemed so genuinely kind. One of the best things about hiring this company was Sunil was almost instantly accessible by phone and/or by email. If we needed changes, they happened as fast as possible. Another thing we appreciated about Sunil is that the service was consistently exceptional throughout the trip. The guides also were very good. We are grateful that the posts in Trip Advisory helped us to have gone with this company. Since our experience was so wonderful, we can't wait to visit India again and to use the services of this most trustworthy, dependable, honest and accessible company. Our favorite place was the Taj Mahal and this company added to the enjoyment of this splendor. Thank you Sunil for helping us have an amazing experience in a most amazing country.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 23:41
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

We were looking for someone to take us on a day tour of Delhi in August, and contacted Sunil on the recommendation of another tour guide. Sunil's associate, Vinny, picked us up from our hotel and took us to a number of great sites in both new and old Delhi. We saw FAR more than we would have been able to see on our own given the limited amount of time that we had.

Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our day started at the Jama Masjid mosque so that we could visit before Friday prayers began. From there we took a pedal rickshaw through Chandni Chawk, visited the Gandhi Memorial, President's palace, Humayan's Tomb and Qutb Minar. We covered quite a bit of the city and learned so much!

Sunil was extremely accommodating throughout the booking process, even though we were booking only a day in advance. We couldn't thank Sunil and Vinny enough for a wonderful Delhi experience!

8. Re: Guide Recommendation Sunil Gupta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 14:48