We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra to Orchha by taxi?

Shanghai, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Agra to Orchha by taxi?

Hi, I'm planning my trip to India next Monday. My friend and I have a debate about how to travel to Orchha from Agra. My idea is to take the train from Agra to Jhansi, then get a bus or taxi to Orchha. But my friend tends to hire a car or taxi from Agra to Orchha, will it save more time and is it safe?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

You can take train from Agra to Jhansi and best train is Bhopal Shatabdi Exp. Road travel takes long time may be 5-6 hrs.

deepak

agra
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

taxi would be better option.

Agra
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

train is better option than car. you will not save time by going car because bhopal shatadi is super fast express train takes only two and half hrs to reach Jhansi where as car will take more than this.

Thx.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

if your plan is to go to Khajuraho, take the overnight train from Agra direct to Khajuraho. it will save you time, very comfortable safe and cheap.

12448 - UP Sampark Kranti Exp.

5. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2011, 13:08
6. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2011, 13:08
Shanghai, China
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

Thanks all, we've booked Bhopal Shatabdi Express.

:)

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

That is the best train. From Jhansi you can hire a tuk-tuk to go to Orcha.

deepak

9. Re: Agra to Orchha by taxi?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 15:52