We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Agra report

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Agra report

Had a superb time in Agra, arrived on the Shatabadi Express, it was two hours late due to heavy fog! didn't expect that in India!

The station was incredibly hectic with people trying to get off the train and people trying to get on, mix all this with taxi drivers trying to grab your cases and porters too and then trying to fight your way through the crowds of people on the station to get to the exit was quite an experience, but we did survive and our Taxi was waiting for us and we headed straight off to Fatephur Sikhri, packed on to buses which take you to the actual place our guide was extremely knowledgeable and kept us entertained with stories about the Mughals all afternoon, from here we had a light lunch and then went to see the Mini Taj and then onto the moonlight gardens to see the Taj Mahal from across the other side of the river, that first glimpse of the Taj has you frozen in awe, it is indescribably beautiful.

We then headed off to our hotel the Jaypee Palace, lovely hotel beautiful gardens and excellent rooms and service.

The next morning we arose to see the Taj Mahal at sunrise, but sadly the fog was back and didn't clear until the afternoons went to the red fort in the morning and the Taj Mahal in the afternoon, I could have spent a whole day just sat gazing in wonder at this beautiful wonder of the world, our guide amazed me with all different statistics about the place and then left me to wander for an hour, the next day we arose early and set off back to Delhi by taxi, our driver for the three days was superb and again very knowledgeable.

All our trip in Agra was organised by Mr Deepak Sharma and he was a real pleasure to deal with, thank you to him our guide and our driver, we will definitely be back!

David

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Agra report

Thanks David, our train also arrived 2 hours late and there was no fog so I think that for one reason or another they're usually late. I don't think I've met anyone who wasn't impressed with the Taj, it's so beautiful you could just sit there and watch it all day.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Agra report

good to know you had a lovely experience

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Agra report

Thanks Mr. David for recommendations and ur trip report. You wife was not well this time but hope she will be able to enjoy Taj visit next time.

deepak sharma

4. Re: Trip to Agra report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 17:02
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Agra report

TravelageAgra, thanks for the info but there's no point bringing up old threads.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Agra report

Travelage Agra,

You have dug up a old post and also your post is against the guide lines on Tripadvisor.

deepak

Candolim, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Agra report

Thanks for sharing your experiences...

Orinda, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Agra report

Can you recommend this guide?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Agra report

Guide is Deepak Sharma..you do private message to him or his email is in his Trip Advisor profile.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Agra report

Hi David Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.