We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

We were in Agra from 23rd to 25th Jan. Sunil Gupta was our guide there. We wrote to him 3 weeks before our trip & he was prompt with e-mails. We went on a full day tour with him, covering Sikandra, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort & the Taj Mahal. He’s very friendly & we were very comfortable spending the day with him. He understood our requirements & travelling style and paced the day accordingly. He was very patient with us, answering our numerous questions & allowing us time for photography as well. Being history buffs, we were happy to be told historical facts in detail, sometimes peppered with lore too. My architectural queries too were satisfactorily answered. We had a really long day but didn’t even realise it, as it was so interesting!

The previous evening, when we called him to ask for directions to Mehtab Bagh, he joined us for our trip there & took us to Itmad-ud-Daula as well. We had a great time & really appreciate his friendly gesture.

I would recommend Sunil without hesitation, to those looking for a professional, friendly & knowledgeable guide.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Hi Raji,

I didn't even know you are a DE on TA, I enjoyed every bit of the tour, you and Kartik are great photographers and I still laugh about the complaint thought you had about the blue asbestos :)

Sunil

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Thanks for recommending good people in the Forum.

cheers

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Another vote for Sunil, we had a wonderful time in Agra with him as our tour guide.

Shirley

Trondheim, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Sunil is a very friendly and reliable tour manager with a sound knowledge of destinations and history. He is very resourceful and can get everything done for you in minutes - something that tourists, especially foreign tourists would expect from a Tour manager. We had a wonderful time with him in Agra last summer. All the spots we visited along with Sunil are etched green in our memories. The highlight of the trip was the flexible pace at we we watched and enjoyed places and things without much hurry or a strict plan. With Sunil around, you can rest assured that the tour is going to be great. Keep up the good job Sunil !

Nagaraj Vinayagam

NTNU

Trondheim, Norway

5. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 18:45
Mumbai, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Sunil's very good. Defeinitely recommend him. Knowledgable not just about the monuments, but also about Mughal history and Agra city in general.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

how do i contact Mr Sunil ?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

You can send PM (private message) to him.

deepak

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Sunil's reply is the 2nd post in this thread. Click on his name, you can access his profile > send him a message.

Redding, California
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

I took an Agra tour with Sunil in early July 2011 and had a great experience. Sunil responds very quickly to email inquiries and helped setup all transportation to and from my apartment in Gurgaon (outside of Delhi), helping me with questions along the way to ensure everything would go smoothly. Sunil says he often guides Spanish speakers, and though I speak English we had absolutely no problems communicating. Living in Agra, Sunil is very familiar with the culture and monuments, and speaks very knowledgeably about the Taj Mahal and other places we visited during the trip and was able to answer all of my pestering questions. All-in-all, the one-day Agra tour is a long day but worth it, and although he costs more than many guides I would recommend Sunil without reservation for a fun, informative experience that was completely hassle-free (a welcome event in India tourism).