We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

Chennai, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

for a family of 4, is it good to travel in agra by the bus organised by UP tourism or hiring a taxi on our own? It is said that UP tourism costs Rs400 per head for the bus travel. So, 1600 for our family. Does that include monument fee? How much does the same location visiting by taxi costs? Which one is more effective?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

Taxi will be convenient for you. You will be more flexible, because, the UPTDC conducte bus trip has fixed duration of stay in each sight, which may not be sufficient for you. Moreover, it takes more of the time in boarding and unboarding the bus, on every sight, than the time for sighting the monuments. You have to compromise with the late comers. Considering all aspects, taxi is the better option. Rather auto-rickshaw is also convenient, but your group size will not fit in that.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 14:05
Chennai, India
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

Thank you for the suggestion. Could you tell me the cost incurred if we hire a taxi for the day in agra?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

hi,

this bus will take tourist also to fatehpur sikri in this tour,i am not agree with Ashish, it is not at all practical to do fatehpur sikri with Auto rickshaw.Ashish have you ever been to Fatehpur sikri with auto in your agra tour. it is about one hour journey with good car.and it is highway of Jaipur in this sence also auto rickshaw is not safe at all.

when it is a point of Rs.1600 in bus, lets take the taxi for Rs.1800 for ten hours.which includes parking,toll tax .driver.he will show you:

you can get this taxi from pre - paid both of railway station.

1.Taj mahal

2.Agra Fort

Lunch

3.Fatehpur sikri

OR

4.Itmad ud dula (baby Taj)

5.Mehtab Garden

Ashish next time give practical advice please on TA, we are not doing formality, we are really helping people on TA.

Important notice Taj mahal is closed on every FRIDAY.

regards

Raja

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

The taxi will charge you approximately Rs.2000 for the day. The rate can be fluctuated according to demand. I will recommend www.travelbureauagra.com for Agra and surroundings. They are reliable and competent.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 17:38
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

I go to Fateh pur Sikri almost every other day and has seen many people doing the trip by Autorikshaw. If some one says it can not be done then definitely misguiding here. Ashish is right and it is possible to do trip by Autorikshaw.

As you come out of Agra Cantt. rail station you will find Prepaid Autorikshaw and Taxi stand. There rates are very competitive and much less then mentioned above.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 20:12
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

Raja,

Probably you were not born, when I started traveling. You have more things to know yet, even about Agra. Although Deepak has already warned you for not misleading people. I mentioned you to stop professional campaigning in this forum, just 2 days back. Either you do not understand the language or you are here to get some business by hook or crook.

AshisRoy

Edited: 20 January 2011, 11:16
Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

I would also suggest you to hire a car instead of taking the PS tourism tour, I see the bust itself is not in very good shape and if you spend about 500 Rupees extra you can have a private car and you can do the at your own pace rather then instructed by someone else.

Happy Traveling.....

Sunil

Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

hi Ashish Roy ji,

If i would say " You are misguiding the people in this form (T.A).how do you feel..tell me this . if you are aged person i agree it does not mean that you know every thing in this world, even you can learn somehthing from young people.no body is perfect in this world. accept it ....

regards

RAJA

agra
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

monument fees in the price not included. For 1600 rs u can have tata indigo car for full day sightseeing included fatehpursikri,taxes ,and parking.

Happy journey my frnd

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agra darshan in UP tourism bus vs hiring a taxi

Raja,

There is no point in talking to a person who does not understand the subject.

AshisRoy

Edited: 22 January 2011, 13:07