We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

HIi, I was hoping someone could advise me or direct me to the official Taj Mahal website to find out the day it is closed. I have tried to look on the web but the day varies and none of the sites fill me with confidence.

I'll be arriving on a Monday morning early in November with my daughter and staying one night before we go on to Sawai Madhopur. Depending on whether the Taj is closed on Monday will affect how we arrange our itinerary - we had planned to see the Taj that morning and again at sunset. During the day we thought we'd visit Agra Fort and Sikandra's Tomb. The next day I thought of hiring a car and driver to take us to Bharatpur via Fathepur Sikri and maybe even the Bird Sanctuary before catching a train to Sawai Madhopur from Bharatpur at about 3:30 pm. This of course all goes out the window if the Taj is closed on Monday!!!!

Any information/advice would be most welcome - also is it worth getting the Shatabdi Express at 6am - the Agra Express leaves at 8 am (I think) and allows us a little bit more sleep.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

The taj mahal is closed on friday, rest of of all weekdays is open .

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

............... Well shatabdi express is better , it take 2hrs to get agra while agra express take more time .

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,026 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

Taj Mahal is closed on Friday not closed any other day no festival holiday at Taj.

There is no train named Agra Express. Bhopal shatabdi Exp. leaving New Delhi staion is best trains and takes two hrs. to reach other trains are slow. It will be convinient if you hire car to pick u up from rail station and drop you next day at Bharatpur after siteseeing.

Your plan to do Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur bird Sanctuary is possible on the same day before you catch the train for Sawai Madhopur.

deepak

Edited: 17 October 2010, 07:53
Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

Thanks digital and deepak - I'm so pleased that the Taj is open on the Monday.

Deepak - in regards to hiring a car and driver for the time that we are in Agra - can you advise me what I would expect to pay for say a Toyota Innnova and driver picking us up at Agra station, driving us around for sightseeing and then dropping us off the next day at Bharatpur?

Also is that something you can arrange - I am under the impression that you are a representative of a Travel Company or can you recommend a car hire/tour company for me to contact?

Thanks for your assistance.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,026 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

MezziePG,

I work as a tour guide and doing it for last many years. Over the years i know many service providers who cater to tourists and look after their requirements.

You can send detail PM and i will definitely forward it to some one who is good.

deepak

6. Re: What day is the Taj Mahal closed to the public?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 09:46