We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra By Night

Agra
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Agra By Night

Hello All,

First of all i would like to commend all your efforts to promote the city of Agra so efficiently. Especially Deepa and Sunil. Kudos to your effort. I come to you for suggestions of places that tourists may like to see at Night considering in Agra we have a problem of same day tourists.

Now with the illumination of the Fort we have a good start point, but please advise on more places, a drive through maybe a red light area (seb bazaar) to carpet or marble inlay workshops which function through the night also. An interesting street, a watering hole.

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks,

Suyash.

Agra
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Agra By Night

Dear Experts,

Please help other fellow Indians also with suggestions or is the forum for firangh help only?

Thanks.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Agra By Night

Maybe you have to accept there is nothing to do in Agra by night and Deepa & Sunil have no advice to give you rather than beating your chest about "firangs only". I do not think you'll find them giving you advice on which is the best red light area in Agra!! Maybe you could try Mohabbat the Taj!!

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,893 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Agra By Night

Perhaps you have to accept that 'Experts' are just normal people who have a life and may have missed seeing this post altogether. Instead of just bumping it up or giving a polite reminder you have gone on to give this a different colour altogether. Classic example of how NOT to get help on a forum.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Agra By Night

Just back from holiday in Mangalore; missed this post. People in Mangalore are still talking about the plane crash. We saw the crash site while driving by, it is visible from the road, a big gash in the mountain. Very sobering.

traveloholic - I met Sunil in Agra in April, and we went on a bazaar walk in the area near Agra's Jama Masjid. I personally found it very fascinating, and my Canadian friend also did. Agricultural implements, giant steel and alumium trunks, a long stretch of spice market, temples, mithai sellers, bangle shops, fabrics, interesting food stalls...all of this made for interesting viewing. I did not feel unsafe either although it was after 6 pm. We tasted some fantastic pakodas, Sunil may know the local name, it is not made of besan but of moong dal. Yummy. Around this time is the evening aarti in temples. If you are waiting for the evening Shatabdi to return to Delhi, this is a good way to spend time rather than in the marble emporia I think.

Agra
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Agra By Night

Dear Deepa,

Thanks your post makes interesting reading and I shall for sure check this out myself.

Also thanks a lot for proving people WRONG, the life in Agra is what i want to portray while it may be a daily sight for us, but such things as mentioned by Deepa interest foreigners immensely.

I await for Sunil"s reply also and sorry about the hurry shall be more patient in the future.

Thanks.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Agra By Night

Firstly, please accept my apologies traveloholic05 for being so late with my response, work has kept me very busy for the last fortnight so didn' t get much time to response, you have raised a very interesting point which has been a real drawback for Agra for last so many years....

Well I think what NPJAI has suggested is a good option, similarly Deepa has posted an excellent option also ( We walked in the Rawat pada and man kameshwar area, which would be quite interesting for tourists to see)., but honestly speaking I find Agra has too little options for someone to do anything in the night really, with more and better options available at other places like Delhi/Jaipur people want to spend more nights there then in Agra....

I do not exactly agree with your idea of Sev ka Bazaar area visit....

Sunil

Agra
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Agra By Night

Hello Everyone,

Well, thanks for all the responses and point of views.

I agree that there is a lack of things to do in Agra but then again I also know that there are places to be found which can interest tourists. Well I shall continue looking and going for drives and then repost once I have some options for further viewpoints.

Thanks again.

P.S. - Can some one also please tell me why the Light and Sound show at Agra Fort was discontinued?

Level Contributor
54 posts
8. Re: Agra By Night

what do you suggest for ahmedabad. jaipur and bombay.

perticularly for Indian costumes and jewlelary?

9. Re: Agra By Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 12:54