We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

london
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

Ive tried looking at the Indian Railways website and found it very confusing. Can anyone confirm the times the shatabdi express leaves delhi and arrives at agra cantt station. And what time trains are around 3-4pm.

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

Even though I have used the Indian Railways website to good effect in the past, I'm sure that I would find this particular question as confusing as you did; so my suggestion to you is to get onto www.indiamike.com and ask the question there. If you direct your question to Steven Ber, you will get a swift and expert reply.... either the man is a walking encyclopedia or else he has a whole stack of encyclopedias of Indian transport at his fingertips. He helped me no end, and I am sure he's be happy to do the same for you.

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

Delhi to Agra.

Train 2002 departs New Delhi daily at 06:00 and gets to Agra Cant at 08:10

EC = Rs 720

CC = Rs 370

Or

Train 2180 departs Hazrat Nizamuddin daily at 07:15 and gets to Agra Cant at 10:07

CC = Rs 266

Agra to Delhi

Do not rely on long distance trains to get from Agra to Delhi, these can easily be 4 - 8 hours late.

The Taj Express (train 2179) departs Agra Cant daily at 18:55 and gets to Nizamuddin (Delhi) at 22:05.

The Bhopal Shatabdi (train 2001) departs Agra Cant daily at 20:43 and gets to New Delhi at 23:05.

These 2 trains are the most likely to run on time, any other train and I think you would be better buying a 2nd class single (Rs 69) and then waiting for the first train to Delhi, when it arrives, try to find a seat in Sleeper class and pay the difference. (an extra Rs 62 at most)

Train info for India....

www.indiamike.com/india/showthread.php?t=1750

rp
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

I'm also looking for a way to go to the Taj Mahal from New Delhi. What about bus ride to Agra instead of train? Is the 7 am train the latest train departing from New Delhi to Agra?

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

I'm looking to travel from Delhi to Agra on 28th December 2005- our flight doesn't from London will get in at 10.30 - are there mid morning trains that go to Agra or we better off to hire a taxi? Any thoughts much appreciated.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

There are trains from Delhi to Agra running at just about any hour of the day.... as you'd expect, since Delhi is the nation's capital, and nearby Agra sports the country's most popular tourist attraction (and, in fact, one of the most-visited sites in the world).

The Indian railways site can, as the first poster commented, be confusing, but it is, at least, relatively easy to call up a full list of trains going from Delhi to Agra Cannt. Here's a cut-and-paste of what I just found under the heading "Trains between important Stations" (The first number is the train identification number, not the time of departure):

1054 NZM KOP EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 05:50 AGRA CANTT 09:20 N N N Y N N N - - - -

1058 ASR DR EXPRESS *NEW DELHI 20:45 AGRA CANTT 00:55 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

1078 JHELUM EXPRESS *NEW DELHI 11:00 AGRA CANTT 14:05 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

1104 INTERCITY EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 18:10 AGRA CANTT 21:35 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - - -

1450 MAHAKOSHAL EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 16:20 AGRA CANTT 19:30 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

2002 BHOPAL SHTBDI NEW DELHI 06:00 AGRA CANTT 08:10 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - - -

2138 PUNJAB MAIL *NEW DELHI 05:30 AGRA CANTT 08:45 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2156 BHOPAL EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 21:00 AGRA CANTT 23:38 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2180 TAJ EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 07:15 AGRA CANTT 10:07 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - - -

2406 NZM BSL EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 14:30 AGRA CANTT 17:12 N N N N Y N Y - - - -

2410 GONDWANA EXPRES H NIZAMUDDIN 14:30 AGRA CANTT 17:12 Y Y Y Y N Y N - - - -

2412 GONDWANA EXPRES H NIZAMUDDIN 14:30 AGRA CANTT 17:12 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2430 BANGLORE RJDHNI H NIZAMUDDIN 20:50 AGRA CANTT 22:00 Y Y N N Y Y N - - - -

2434 CHENNAI RAJDHNI H NIZAMUDDIN 15:30 AGRA CANTT 17:38 N N Y N Y N N - - - -

2438 NZM SC RJDHNI H NIZAMUDDIN 20:50 AGRA CANTT 21:00 N N N N N N Y - - - -

2448 U P SMPRK KRNTI H NIZAMUDDIN 21:35 AGRA CANTT 00:20 N Y N N Y N Y - - -

2616 G T EXPRESS NEW DELHI 18:40 AGRA CANTT 21:45 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2618 MNGLA LKSDP EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 09:50 AGRA CANTT 12:43 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

2622 TAMIL NADU EXP NEW DELHI 22:30 AGRA CANTT 01:07 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2626 KERALA EXPRESS NEW DELHI 11:30 AGRA CANTT 14:25 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

2628 KARNATAKA EXP NEW DELHI 21:15 AGRA CANTT 00:02 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

2642 THIRUKKURAL EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 05:50 AGRA CANTT 09:20 N N N N N Y N - - - -

2644 SWARNA JAYANTI H NIZAMUDDIN 05:50 AGRA CANTT 09:20 N N N N Y N N - - - - -

2646 ERS MILLENUM EX H NIZAMUDDIN 05:50 AGRA CANTT 09:20 N Y N N N N N - - - -

2648 KONGU EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 08:40 AGRA CANTT 11:40 N N Y N N N N - - - - -

2716 ASR NED EXPRESS *NEW DELHI 13:35 AGRA CANTT 16:35 Y N Y Y N Y Y - - - -

2724 A P EXPRESS NEW DELHI 17:45 AGRA CANTT 20:37 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - -

2780 GOA EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 15:00 AGRA CANTT 17:55 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y - - - -

2804 VSKP SWRN J EXP H NIZAMUDDIN 05:50 AGRA CANTT 09:20 N N Y N N N Y - - - -

2808 SAMTA EXPRESS H NIZAMUDDIN 08:40 AGRA CANTT 11:40 N Y N N Y Y N - - - -

All those 'N's and 'Y's simply refer to the days of the week (starting with Monday) that the train runs at that time.

I didn't use the bus from Delhi to Agra, but I think I am safe in saying that if there are thirty trains a day heading to Agra, there will be at least twice that many buses. Bus travel is the cheapest mode of transport in India (but far less comfortable than train), and is the preferred mode of most of the population; at any time of day, the bus station in any town is thronged with passengers and vehicles arriving and departing for just about everywhere you could wish to go. There are probably time tables to allow planning, but, frankly, on the occasions that we did travel between cities or towns by bus, only once (BUndi-Udaipur)did we ever see a time table; every other timne we just turned up and asked to be pointed to the next bus leaving for our destination. The officials at the bus station were always very helpful, perhaps on occasions more than we would have wished: I remember once being highly embarrassed when we were directed to a bus that was already full, and the official, without so much as a moment's hesitation, turfed two already-seated locals out of their seat and instructed us to sit there! Our protests fell on deaf ears, and to this day I can only hope that the poor displaced passengers didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes for the next bus!

All this means, quite simply, that you won't have any trouble getting from Delhi to Agra by public transport! Your problems with Agra will all start AFTER you get there, and you check out the queue at the Taj Mahal box-office!

hants, uk
Level Contributor
387 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

hi - i am finding these posts really helpful. i am planning a trip to india at the beginning of april, and was going to stay in Delhi for 2 nights. I was planning to do a day trip to agra by hiring a driver, but have been influenced by some posts in realising it may be better to go to Agra on 1st evening (instaed of Delhi) such that we can see the Taj Mahal first thing in morning (and beat the crowds)However I am also a bit stuck with train option. Our flight does not land in Delhi until about 5.30pm. which station do i need to get to to catch the train? and how do i work out which train to catch?! Is it possible to pre-book train tickets, but then again if flight is delayed/or it takes me time coming out of airport, would it be better to just turn up at station and take 1st train that arrives?! Also where is "H Nizamuddin"? is it a station near to airport, or would i need to travel into Delhi to railway station there? please help?!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

going to india soon [Dalhi]and wanted to see Taj Mahalthanks for info

8. Re: Delhi to Agra Train Timetable - Travel 24th December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 11:50