We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to reach

Varanasi, India
1 post
Save Topic
how to reach

how to reach ooty from lucnow?

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to reach

Hi sudhanshu,

There is a direct train Rapti sagar express train no. 12511 from Lucknow to Coimbatore. It does not have daily service but weekly thrice. From Coimbatore by bus it is 3 hours journey to ooty.

with regards,

Alen_10

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to reach

If you do have the time & inclination, you can also try the longer 'toy train' ride from Mettupalayam (near Coimbatore) to Ooty.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to reach

HI,

From Coimbatore to metrupalayam then to coonor ,Ooty. the km will come 89km. the Ooty train is available we are also looking for the new times of train.

regards

KERALA DAYZ

Delhi, Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to reach

how to reach Ooty from Delhi I want too go by Bus is there any bus service is here?

Delhi, Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to reach

how to reach Ooty from Delhi I want too go by Bus is there any bus service is here?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to reach

take train till Coimbatore after you get lots of bus from Ukkadam bus stand. the S E T C bus available.

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to reach

Hi Kausal Rawat,

You need to reach Coimbatore from Delhi. You have direct flights. Frrom Coimbatore, your options would be toy train, bus and cab based on your preference and budget.

@Kerala Dayz - You would not get buses from Ukkadam Bust Stand to Ooty. You need to go to Mettupalayam Road Bus Stand.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 22 May 2012, 13:50
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to reach

hi,

but last time when I went Ooty I get some connection bus from Ukkadm. any way thanks for your valuable advice.your are from Coimbatore so you know better than me.

thanks

Kerala dayz

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to reach

Might be you would have chanced upon a long distance bus from elsewhere to Ooty, passing through Ukkadam, mostly Kerala side. Mostly Ukkadam bus terminus caters to places in the Kerala side and may be Pollachi/Udumalpet side.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 16:40
Delhi, Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to reach

thank you ............. I will take flight It,s better for me.