We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

How is the stay in "Runnymede Plantation Stay"?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

A decent 3 bedroom bungalow (earlier home to the Runnymede estate manager - part of the Glendale estates). It is just half a KM off the busy Mettupalayam - Coonoor highway. Lovely plantations surround the bungalow, a little brook runs by, a short trek will take you to the fringes of the reserved forests, occassional bison herds visit here, the toy train chugs along on the peripheries of the plantation . .. . . you can trek, birdwatch, pack a picnic hamper for a nice picinic by the brookside . . .overall a very scenic place.

regards

Rajan

ooty
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

Thanks Mr.Rajan for your lovely comments on our Guest house.

Regards,

GLENDALE ESTATE

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

Hi Rincy

I get nostalgic on this and the Adderly guest house. My dad was part of the senior management at the Kothari group and as a kid, I have spent most of my summer hols in these wonderful estate bungalows, which used to be the homes of the estate managers. Later on, my best friend (Ponvel) joined Glendale as an estate manager and i've spent some great time with him at these bungalows. Hence, i know the locations by the feet and the yard :-)

These were long before Glendale got sold out of the Kothari group and the bungalows today have turned to homestays.

regards

Rajan

Edited: 11 December 2012, 16:46
4. Re: Enquiry about Runnymede Plantation Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 03:49
Get answers to your questions about Coonoor